- duration 20 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness the celebrated Hemis festival
- Wander the shores of the serene waters of Tso Moriri
- Cross Zalung Karpo La and witness the jagged ridges of the Zanskar range
- Trek along the welldefined trails in the Markha Valley
Trek ‘Little Tibet'', attend the famous Hemis Festival and complete a journey to the borderlands of Tibet. This is an outstanding trek and an ideal introduction to the visually stunning and culturally rich region of Ladakh, high in the Indian Himalaya. We explore this rugged land characterised by exquisite Buddhist monasteries and ancient forts where the snow leopard seeks out the highest ridges at the margins of the season. We have scheduled our trek to coincide with the famous Hemis Festival complete with masked dances and much celebration. Finally we journey to the vast lakes of Rupshu and camp in spectacular terrain on the borderlands of Tibet.
Day 1 : Arrive Delhi
Day 2 : Fly to Leh
Day 3 : In Leh
Day 4 : Leh to Rumbak (drive approx. 1 hr, walk approx. 3 hrs)
Day 5 : In Rumbak (day walks)
Day 6 : Rumbak to camp below Ganda La (walk approx. 3hrs)
Day 7 : Base Camp to Shogdo via Ganda La (Walk approx. 6hrs)
Day 8 : Shogdo to Narding(4-5 hrs)
Day 9 : Narding to Markha (3-4 hrs)
Day 10 : Markha to Hankar (walk approx. 3-4 hrs)
Day 11 : Hanker to the base of the Zalung Karpo La (6 hrs)
Day 12 : Cross the Zalung Karpo La to Tsorka (6-7 hrs)
Day 13 : Trek to Dat settlement (walk approx.5hrs)
Day 14 : Tso Moriri
Day 15 : At Tso Moriri, return to Leh
Day 16-17 : Attend Hemis Festival
Day 18 : In Leh
Day 19 : Fly Leh to Delhi
Day 20 : In Delhi, trip concludes
- Good quality accommodation in Delhi & Leh
- 19 breakfasts, 17 lunches and 17 dinners
- 3 hearty meals per day on trek prepared by our cooks
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 20
- Private transportation
- Expert bilingual guide
- Group medical kit
- Souvenir World Expeditions kit bag
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Horses to carry all personal and group equipment
- The use of a World Expeditions trek pack which includes a quality sleeping bag, down or fibre fill jacket and insulated mat (valued at over US$500)
- International flights
- Flights Delhi/Leh/Delhi
- Lunch & Dinner in Delhi
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel insurance
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hidden Valleys of Ladakh tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Valleys of Ladakh tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Valleys of Ladakh tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.