- duration 5 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the oldest archaeological park in Delhi, which dates back to the 12th Century
- Enjoy the best coffee in Delhi in an artistic alley which is a blend of art and culture
- Visit Jugaad, a cool shop run by an NGO which supports children and young adults at risk
- Walk around India’s first open air public art district and fall in love with the art
Art, nature and history all combine for an epic discovery of Delhi alongside a local guide. See impressive street art in a hidden alley, explore a sprawling archaeological park, get lost in nature in a beautiful heritage park, and get to know Delhi through the eyes of a local.
This fun-filled discovery tour of Delhi is focused on exploring the unexplored and discovering the city’s hidden gems with a local expert guide by your side.
After meeting your guide, you’ll head by air-conditioned car towards the south part of Delhi. Our first stop is Mehrauli Archaeological Park, which dates to the 12th century. The sprawling archaeological area is spread over 200 acres in Mehrauli, Delhi, adjacent to Qutub Minar World Heritage site and the Qutub complex. It consists of over 100 historically significant monuments. Overlooked by most of the tourist hordes, this park preserves some of the most historic relics of Delhi.
After exploring this beautiful park, we’ll visit a hidden alley which offers a vibrant blend of cool cafes, art, and culture. The spot is an absolute pleasure to visit and a great spot to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. We’ll stop for a cup of coffee and a snack at a café with a sustainable approach and learn about the changing culture of Delhi.
We’ll then head into Jugaad, which is the nerve centre of the charitable organization, Karm Marg. The aim here is to empower vulnerable young adults with livelihood skills. Jugaad is also the vocational training and income generation part of Karm Marg. At Jugaad, young adult trainees, alumni of Karm Marg, and rural women from surrounding areas train and work together to create unique bags, wallets, stationery and more using discarded and waste materials.
While at the shop you can pick out a souvenir, which is included in the cost of the tour. This way we are supporting the initiative. Spend some time exploring and talking to representatives to learn more about the NGO and their work in the community.
Next, we’ll drive towards the most artistic district of India, the Lodhi Art District, which is India’s first open-air public art district. This initiative was begun by the St+art India Foundation, a non-profit organization working to make art accessible to a wider audience. The once non-descript area is now filled with over 50 murals created by both local and international artists. You’ll have time to walk around the narrow, art-filled lanes snapping photos to fill your Instagram feed.
The last (but certainly not least) stop on our tour is Sunder Nursery, a 16th-century heritage park complex perfect for taking a refreshing break in nature. The 90-acre complex is filled with beautifully landscaped grounds, natural water features, and restored Mughal-era monuments making for a scenic respite from the city.
After exploring Sunder Nursery, we’ll drive back to the city. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide about what else to see and do in Delhi.
- Private transportation with pickup from the meeting point and drop off
- Local English-speaking guide
- Coffee & snack
- Souvenir from Jugaad.
- Entrance fees at Sunder Nursery
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and personal shopping
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Hidden Gems of Delhi tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hidden Gems of Delhi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hidden Gems of Delhi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Hotel Jivitesh 11 Pusa Road, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, New Delhi, Delhi 110005.Meeting end point :
Passenger’s hotel.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.