- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Discover Gandhi's Delhi, and walk in his footsteps through the city
- Visit places in Delhi associated with Gandhi
- Hear stories of Gandhi's courageous life
- Discover Gandhi's philosophies of nonviolent protest
Much loved, oft-quoted, sorely missed, inspirational Gandhi was possibly India's most influential (not to mention inspiring) figure. This Delhi tour honours the great man, his work, his words, and enduring legacy.
When people think of India, there's a good chance that Gandhi is one of the first things that comes to mind. If you want to learn more about the life and time of Indian legend Mahatma Gandhi, then this is the Delhi tour for you. Experience Delhi from a local perspective with rides on public transport to visit all the historical monuments associated with Mahatma Ghandi.
Mahatma Gandhi was born in 1869 in Porbander, western India, and was assassinated on January 30th, 1948. His legacy of non-violent protest lives on in spirit today as a major influence on Indian society and the international community. He pioneered the philosophy of "satyagraha", based on truth and resistance to injustice through non-violent resistance. In India he is officially regarded as the Father of the Nation. His birthday, October 2nd, is commemorated as a national holiday, and is a spiritual experience and one of those iconic things to do in Delhi.
Our Delhi city tour gets you up close and personal with important national stories about Gandhi, his life, and his actions that shaped a nation. You will follow in his footsteps, discover Gandhi's Delhi and be inspired. Your local guide will take you around various famous sights associated with the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi, learning more about his message of truth, non-violence, and peace.
The final stop on our historical tour of Delhi will be the National Gandhi Museum where we'll have plenty of time to explore an amazing array of information, documents, and relics from his life, philosophy, and work.
At the end of your Delhi tour, our driver shall drop you back to the starting point.
- Private Transportation
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Attractions: Gandhi Smriti
- National Gandhi Museum.
- Items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for drivers or guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Gandhi's Delhi tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 January 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 January 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gandhi's Delhi tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gandhi's Delhi tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Hotel Jivitesh, 11, Pusa Road, opposite Metro Pillar 87,Near Karol Bagh Metro Station , New DelhiMeeting end point :
Hotel Jivitesh, 11, Pusa Road, opposite Metro Pillar 87,Near Karol Bagh Metro Station , New DelhiCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.