- Bird watching
- Culture shows and excursions
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Houseboat Float through the backwaters and sleep on a traditional boat
- Backwater Home Stay Learn about Indian family life at a home stay
- See the magnificent Taj Mahal and exotic palaces of Jaipur
- Periyar National Park Look out for monkey, deer and porcupine on a walk through the park
Combine north and south India in two weeks. Visit the magnificent Taj Mahal, explore the grand monuments of Delhi and cruise the backwaters of tropical Kerala in the south. Spend a night at a homestay, cook up a fragrant curry using local ingredients, hire bikes and explore ornate temples and, kick back and relax with two days relaxing on the stunning Indian Ocean. Houseboat - Float through the backwaters and sleep on a traditional boat Periyar National Park - Look out for wildlife on a boat trip in the park Kochi - Discover Fort Kochi, St Francis Church and Mattancherry Palace and watch a Kathakali show
Day 1 : Trip starts in New Delhi.
Day 2 : Full day in New Delhi, exploring the city by metro and rickshaw.
Day 3 : Travel to Agra and visit its fort. Take a rickshaw to witness sunset at the magnificent Taj Mahal.
Day 4 : Continue to Jaipur with a stop at the beautiful Keoladeo Ghana National Park for a rickshaw bird watching tour.
Day 5 : Full day in Jaipur, known as the 'pink city'. Visit the Amber Palace and Fortress and Hawa Mahal also known as the Palace of the Winds.
Day 6 : Fly to Kochi in Southern India.
Day 7 : Drive to Fort Kochi, visit the Mattancherry Palace and watch the famous Kathakali Dancers.
Day 8 : Drive to Thekkady famous for its wildlife and picturesque landscapes, free afternoon.
Day 9 : Boat trip in Periyar National Park, visit a tea factory and drive to Mancombo village for homestay visit.
Day 10 : Free day to explore Mancombo Village including nature walks and canoe trips.
Day 11 : Drive to Alleppey and board a houseboat to explore the Kerala Backwaters
Day 12 : Drive to the beach resort of Mararikulam
Day 13 : Full day at the resort of Mararikulam
Day 14 : Trip ends in Mararikulam
- Hotel Jivitesh (2 nights)
- Hotel Amar (1 night)
- Mandawa Haveli (2 nights)
- Hotel Fort Manor (2 nights)
- Hotel Grand Thekkady (1 night)
- Gaaby World Homestay (2 nights)
- Houseboat (1 night)
- Abad Turtle Beach Resort (2 nights)
- 13 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 5 Dinners
- Explore Tour Leader
- Boat Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Mararikulam are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Indian Discovery tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 78 today.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Indian Discovery tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Indian Discovery tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Indian Discovery tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.