- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Capture your best selfie in front of the Taj Mahal – a marble masterpiece and the mother of all mausoleums, this Indian icon is all part of Agra’s allure.
- Get among the relaxing vibes of Rishikesh with a onehour morning yoga class, then sleep under the starry Indian sky surrounded by nature and mountain views.
- Spend a day exploring the world of Bollywood in Ramoji Film City: a huge park full of filming locations. You’ll feel like you’re on the set of a blockbuster!
- Go in search for elephants and tigers, as well as macaque, civet, giant flying squirrel, striped hyena and leopard on an included safari in the lush Bandipur National Park.
Travel across wild India on this trailblazing 23-day adventure tour. In the north, see pilgrims performing ancient ceremonies on the ghats of Varanasi and stare at the iconic Taj Mahal in Agra. Down south, go in search of wild elephants and tigers on safari and take a joy ride on the famous toy train, passing through hill stations, and enjoying the mountainous scenery along the way. This fantastic trip finishes off seaside in the important port city of Kochi – India's idyllic beachside holiday destination. Soak up all the freedom and diverse cultures of this big, colourful, chaotic and enchanting country. Oh, and did we mention all the biryani and chai you’ll eat? Experience real India with a knowledgeable local leader and a wicked itinerary to suit.
Delhi - Overnight train
Varanasi - Overnight train
Hyderabad - Overnight Train
Madurai - Overnight Train
- Homestay (1 nights), Hotel (16 nights), Lodge (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (4 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Cycle rickshaw , Jeep , Public bus , Private vehicle , Train , Overnight sleeper train , Metro , Shuttle bus , Taxi
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Jaipur - Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Wind) entry
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Rishikesh - Yoga class
- Hyderabad - Ramoji Film City
- Hyderabad - Charminar
- Hyderabad - Orientation walk
- Puducherry - Leader-led walking tour
- Madurai - Orientation walk
- Madurai - Sri Meenakshi Temple
- Mysore - Maharaja's Palace
- Mysore - Home cooked lunch & family visit
- Bandipur - National Park Safari
- Ooty - Nilgiri Mountain Railway & Tea Plantation visit
- Kochi - Dutch Palace
- Kochi - Jewish Synagogue
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kochi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Epic India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 69+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Epic India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 February 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Epic India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Epic India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- As this is a Basix trip, there is plenty of free time built into the itinerary for you to enjoy as you wish in each destination. Your leader will take you on an orientation walk in each destination to get your bearings and give you plenty of suggestions - then what comes next is up to you! Please take into account spending money for optional sightseeing (including local transport to and from sights) that isn't included in the trip cost when budgeting for your journey.
- The regions visited on this trip can be extreme in temperature. It’s important to prepare for hot temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening. Rajasthan in particular can be very hot, especially in the summer. Layers are the best way to tackle any disparities in weather. This trip runs all year round, so it’s important to be aware of just how hot it can get in India in the summer months and cold in Winter, so choose the season that best suits you.
- Part of travelling with Intrepid means respecting local cultures and sensibilities. That way you get the most out of your interactions with local people and environments. We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
- This trip involves some long train rides, including a couple of overnight trains. The train journey from Delhi to Varanasi is approximately 13 hours, while the trip from Varanasi to Agra takes 11 hours and it's another 13 hours from Jaipur to Rishikesh. While this can be tiresome, train travel is a classic Indian experience. Sleeper trains are clean and air-conditioned and a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender. For your own security, take a lock for your hand luggage. Sleeper train journeys in and out of Varanasi can be subject to long delays because of weather conditions, including heavy rain or fog.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Joining point description
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Last modified (date)