- Rickshaw, cycle or local transport tour
- Countryside and village visits
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 32 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Tour the famous Taj Mahal.
- Explore the Pink City and Amber Fort.
- Get a taste of village life with a traditional lunch.
- Climb to the spiritual temple of Savitiri.
Now's the time to explore India on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Embrace the the hectic pace of northern Delhi before balancing it out with the beaches of Goa in the first leg of this epic subcontinental journey. Then, finish it off in the southern half of Sri Lanka, a culture-loving backpacker’s dream. Here you’ll discover beautiful ruins, hike through tea plantations, and chill out on Hikkaduwa Beach. And the best part? You’ll do it all with travellers of a similar age and state of mind.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi/Āgra
Day 3: Āgra/Jaipur
Day 4: Jaipur
Day 5: Jaipur/Tordi Sāgar
Day 6: Tordi Sāgar/Pushkar
Day 7: Pushkar
Day 8: Pushkar/Udaipur
Day 9: Udaipur
Day 10: Udaipur
Day 11: Udaipur/Mumbai
Day 12: Mumbai
Day 13: Mumbai/Goa
Day 14: Goa
Day 15: Goa/Kochi
Day 16: Kochi/Alleppey
Day 17: Alleppey/Kollam
Day 18: Kollam/Varkala
Day 19: Varkala
Day 20: Varkala/Kochi
Day 21: Kochi/Negombo
Day 22: Negombo/Sigiriya
Day 23: Sigiriya
Day 24: Sigiriya/Digana
Day 25: Digana/Kandy
Day 26: Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
Day 27: Nuwara Eliya/Ella
Day 28: Ella
Day 29: Ella/Hikkaduwa
Day 30: Hikkaduwa
Day 31: Hikkaduwa
Day 32: Hikkaduwa
- Simple hotels/guest houses (29 nts), overnight train (1 nt), homestay (1 nt).
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners
Note: Allow USD655-855 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking, train, metro, local bus, charter bus, jeep, tuk tuk, boat, plane.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Lunch at Theuvoram Women Empowerment Project, Alleppey
- Your G for Good Moment: Tamarind Gardens Farm, Digana
- Your G for Good Moment: Breakfast at Sthree Craft Shop and Café, Kandy
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Udaipur
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Dance the Night Away, Goa
- Your Local Living Moment: Alleppey Homestay, Alleppey
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Kochi Nightlife, Kochi
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Hikkaduwa Beach Bar, Hikkaduwa
- Entrance and guided tour of the Taj Mahal
- Rural Tordi Sagar tour with local guide
- Allepey Homestay
- Sunrise at Savitri Temple
- Gandhi Ashram visit
- Morning ferry cruise on Kollam's backwaters
- Neendakara Fishing Harbour visit
- Orientation walks in Jaipur, Pushkar, Udaipur, Mumbai, Kochi, and Kollam
- Internal flights
- Spice plantation visit
- Kandyan cultural dance performance
- Temple of the Tooth visit
- Tea plantation visit
- Little Adam's Peak Trek
- Udawalawe NP safari
- Galle City and Fort tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Hikkaduwa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover India & Sri Lanka: Plantations & Pink Cities tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 117+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover India & Sri Lanka: Plantations & Pink Cities tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover India & Sri Lanka: Plantations & Pink Cities tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover India & Sri Lanka: Plantations & Pink Cities tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.