- Local culture
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the vibrant streets of urban India.
- Walk along the Ganges.
- Get a glimpse of traditional life in small villages.
- Experience a homestay in rural Nepal.
Now's the time to explore India and Nepal on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Make the most of every moment on this fast-paced 15-day adventure. With other young, like-minded travellers, you'll sail the Ganges, have the chance to take a jeep safari in Chitwan National Park, and breathe it all in among the Himalayas of Nepal. Think of this trip like a playlist of backpacker classics like the Taj Majal and Pushkar that you'll want to leave on repeat. We do the planning but leave lots of free time to dance to the beat of your own South Asian drum.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi/Pushkar
Day 3: Pushkar/Jaipur
Day 4: Jaipur
Day 5: Jaipur/Āgra
Day 6: Āgra/Varanasi
Day 7: Varanasi
Day 8: Varanasi
Day 9: Varanasi/Lumbini
Day 10: Lumbini/Chitwan National Park
Day 11: Chitwan National Park
Day 12: Chitwan National Park/Pokhara
Day 13: Pokhara
Day 14: Pokhara/Kathmandu
Day 15: Kathmandu
- Simple hotels or guesthouse (twin-share) (11 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), homestay (2 nt).
Note: Allow USD355-465 for meals not included.
- Train, metro, local bus, charter bus, rickshaw.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Barauli Community Connection, Royal Chitwan National Park
- Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Pokhara
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Varanasi
- Your Local Living Moment: Barauli Community Homestay, Royal Chitwan National Park
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Lakeside Bar, Pokhara
- India Gate and Connaught Place visit
- Guided tour of the Amber Fort and the Taj Mahal
- Savitri Temple sunrise hike
- Visit to Buddha's birthplace
- Orientation walks in Pushkar, Jaipur, Varanasi, Pokhara, and Kathmandu
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delhi to Kathmandu: Mountain Scenes & the Ganges tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 44+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delhi to Kathmandu: Mountain Scenes & the Ganges tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delhi to Kathmandu: Mountain Scenes & the Ganges tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi to Kathmandu: Mountain Scenes & the Ganges tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.