- Cooking classes
- National parks
- Train tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Bigger and more beautiful than any photo can capture, the Taj Mahal is a triumph of Mughal architecture that promises to inspire even the most seasoned travellers.
- Learn to whip up some central Indian staples during a cooking demonstration at home with friends in Orchha; the perfect opportunity to experience an authentic slice of Indian family life.
- See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi – one of India's holiest cities.
- Stay in a lodge and wake to the calls of the jungle in Chitwan National Park, then embark on a safari in search of rhino, deer, monkeys, and a wide array of birdlife.
Travel from India to Nepal on an insightful overland trip from Delhi to Kathmandu. From reminders of the Mughal dynasty in northern India to the snow-capped Himalayas of Nepal, this trip will truly inspire. Witness the colour and contrast between the bazaars of Delhi, the jungle in Orchha, and the sacred Ganges. Be awed by the Taj Mahal and see the sunrise over the holy city of Varanasi. Come face-to-face with pilgrims, villagers, holy men, and generations of shopkeepers. For those wanting to travel by land between these two very different neighbours, this is the perfect journey.
Agra - Orchha
Orchha - Overnight train
India/Nepal border crossing - Lumbini
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
- Hotel (7 nights), Lodge/Guesthouse (3 nights), Heritage Property (2 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night), Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle/Jeep , Auto rickshaw , Cycle rickshaw , Shuttle bus , Train , Canoe , Bike
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Akbar's Mausoleum
- Orchha - Leader-led walking tour
- Orchha - Ram Raja Temple ceremony
- Agra - Agra Fort
- Orchha - Orchha Palace
- Orchha - Taragram visit
- Orchha - Cooking demonstration
- River Ganges - Boat trip & camping
- Varanasi - Sunset candle flower ceremony
- Varanasi - Leader-led Old City walking tour
- Varanasi - Sunrise Ganges boat trip
- Lumbini - Heritage Park
- Madi Valley - Magar Cultural Performance
- Chitwan - Village Bike Tour
- Chitwan NP - Park entry
- Chitwan - Canoe trip
- Chitwan - Canoe safari, Bird Watching walk or Jeep safari
- Kathmandu - Swayambhunath Temple
- Kathmandu - Bodhnath Stupa
- Kathmandu - Pashupatinath Temple
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kathmandu are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delhi to Kathmandu tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delhi to Kathmandu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delhi to Kathmandu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi to Kathmandu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves travel on public transport, covering long distances and consequently some long days of travel. Long-distance and overnight trains can often be delayed and occasionally cancelled due to heavy fog between December and February. Some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment here. Sit back, relax, watch the scenery go by – a book or podcast doesn’t go astray.
- We do our best to estimate travel times, but these can often change. That's just how it is in these parts and as a result, there's not as much free or independent time as on some other trips.
- Nepal and north India can get surprisingly cold in winter, please pack accordingly so you aren't caught out! Speaking of the weather, it also has the potential to be very hot, depending on the season. Please make sure you check seasonal weather guides and pick a travel time that suits your comfort level.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Is quarantine in Nepal in effect for arriving visitors?
In response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. Please check the government travel pages and advisories of your home country and the official website of the Nepal Tourism board here.
Is a visa on arrival available?
Typically, yes. However, in response to the current Covid situation, rules for arriving visitors may change frequently and sometimes without notice. It may be necessary to obtain a tourist visa in your own country before travel. For updated information on visas, please check the Nepal Tourism Board and the Government of Nepal Immigration websites.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Your fellow travellers
Alternate Joining point description