- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Old & New Delhi
- Pink city of Jaipur
- Tordi Garh
- Abhaneri step well
This 16-day journey takes you through India and Nepal, visiting some of its top attractions and the less visited destinations before heading to Nepal to visit the birthplace of the Buddha in Lumbini, before searching for tigers in the Bardia National Park.
The India leg of this 16-day tour starts in the capital city of Delhi, before we make our way to Rajasthan’s capital, the Pink City of Jaipur, renowned for its craft markets and colourful jewelry. After exploring the cities, we’ll make our way to the rural part of Rajasthan, the ancient village of Tordi, where we’ll reside in a converted palace and explore the region on foot, as we gain unique insight into the daily lives of the locals.
We’ll make our way to the world’s largest stepwell at Abhaneri, before enjoying a guided cycle rickshaw ride through the Keoladeo National Park - one of the best places for birdwatching in India.
Our next stop is a trip to Agra, where we’ll witness the magnificent Taj Mahal and explore the fields and villages on the banks of the Yamuna River, before hopping in a rickshaw to explore the city’s backstreets and places of worship.
We’ll also board an overnight train to the holy city of Varanasi, where we’ll explore the serene waters of the River Ganges. We’ll even partake in an Aarti Ceremony, which gives candlelit offerings to the river, have a home-cooked meal with a muslim family, explore a weavers village famous for making some of the best saris in the whole of India, and visit Sarnath, where the Lord Buddha preached his first sermon.
The Nepal leg of this tour takes us to another mportant Buddhist pilgrimage site, his birthplace at Lumbini. We’ll also spend three nights in the wildlife-rich Bardia National Park as we search for tigers, rhino, wild elephant, before boarding a plane to witness spectacular views of the Himalayas and landing in Kathmandu. We’ll spend some time here in Nepal’s capital, visiting important pilgrimage sites of Pasupatinath temple (Hindu) and Boudhanath stupa Buddhist) complete our journey.
Extensions are available to see much more of Nepal if you have more time, whether that be to do some trekking, white water rafting, or more sightseeing and exploration.
Day 1 : Welcome to Delhi
Day 2 : Exploring Delhi and a street food experience
Day 3 : Goodbye Delhi, Hello Jaipur. Optional activity available
Day 4 : Exploring Jaipur. Optional activity available
Day 5 : A visit to the Tordi Village. Optional activities available
Day 6 : Birdwatching in the Keoladeo National Park and a visit to the world’s largest stepwell
Day 7 : The magnificent Taj Mahal. Optional activity available
Day 8 : Sunrise at the Taj Mahal
Day 9 : Exploring the villages of Varanasi
Day 10 : A boat trip on the Ganges and a Hindu cooking lesson
Day 11 : From India to Nepal
Day 12 : From Lumbini to the Bardia National Park
Day 13 : Exploring the Bardia National Park
Day 14 : Rafting on the mighty Karnali River
Day 15 : Onwards to Kathmandu. Pasupatinath and Boudhanath visits
Day 16 : Bon Voyage! Transfer to airport included
- All accommodation in mid-range hotels, heritage properties and wildlife lodge
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (15 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners)
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Transport and transfers in AC vehicles
- Domestic flight from Nepalganj to Kathmandu
- Services of English speaking tour leaders and specialist local guides
- Sleeper train from Agra to Varanasi (2nd class AC)
- Sightseeing tours and activities as per the itinerary
- Wildlife safaris in Keoladeo and Bardia National Parks
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees for India and Nepal
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for drivers and guides
- Entrance fees (budget USD 139, payable in Delhi)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 172 today.
- Earn US$ 114+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delhi to Kathmandu tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 March 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delhi to Kathmandu tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi to Kathmandu tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.