- duration 12 hours
- tour type Group
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Escape Delhi for a day and head to Agra, home to some of the most iconic sites in India
- Be mesmerised by the jawdropping beauty of the majestic Taj Mahal
- Visit the impressive Agra Fort that was built by generations of Mughal rulers
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Mughal Empire
Breathtaking views, nostalgic stories of chivalry and romance, and impressive architecture make up this full-day adventure to Agra! You’ll see iconic sites like the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, and hear the stories and legends behind the lavish lives of the Mughal emperors.
Prepare for a full-day of Indian adventure with an early-morning departure to Agra. You’ll meet your driver at 7am sharp at United Coffee House, Connaught Place. From there, we’ll head to Agra, home to one of the seven wonders of the world. The drive will take about 3 to 4 hours, so come prepared for a long-haul excursion!
Situated at the banks of the Yamuna river, Agra can be a very chaotic city, but the moment you see the impressive buildings and the iconic monuments, you will be swept off your feet. Though it’s a very old city, Agra reached its zenith during the Mughal reign. It was Mughals who dotted the skyline with the finest monuments architects could design: the Taj Mahal of Shah Jahan, Agra Fort of Akbar, and Itmad-Ud-Daulah and neighbouring Sikandra are but a few of the many city sites.
Once we reach Agra, our first stop will be Agra Fort, a walled city that’s also a UNESCO World Heritage site. It was built by Emperor Akbar during the 1500s, and the architecture is a blend of both Hindu and Muslim design. You’ll also learn the history behind the emperors of the Mughal dynasty, with lots of stories from your passionate local guide.
After you have your fill of history, we’ll head to a local restaurant, where you can order up some lunch to fuel you for the second half of our day.
After we’ve enjoyed our lunch break, we’ll head to the famous, glorious Taj Mahal. Built by Shah Jahan for his beloved wife, the Taj Mahal is a world-renowned symbol of love. Your guide will take you around the Taj and share the stories of love and legends behind the great effort it took to build this legendary monument.
Your Agra day tour will end with a drive back to Delhi (feel free to nap after all that exploring!). We’ll finish up where we started, at the United Coffee House, where your local guide can assist with arranging a taxi back to your accommodation.
- Private vehicle with driver for the ride to and from Agra.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- Food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Delhi to Agra Day Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
Full payment of 253 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Delhi to Agra Day Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi to Agra Day Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
In front of the United Coffee House, Shop No. E-15, Inner Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi. Rajiv Chowk is the nearest metro station.Meeting end point :
Connaught Place United Coffee House, New Delhi.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.