- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 3 hours
- tour type Group Tour
- Indulge in some of Delhi’s best local food, including shawarma, and kulfifalooda
- Tantalise your tastebuds with some nonalcoholic fruit beer
- Explore the busy streets of Delhi and their famous street food stalls
- Experience traditional local transportation on a cycle rickshaw ride
Go beyond the cliched curry and try some authentic Indian bites on this Delhi tour. From homemade ice cream to fruit beer and dumplings, Delhi's food scene is thriving and surprising.
This delicious Delhi food tour begins with a bit of local culture. Hop on a cycle rickshaw, one of the most colourful methods of transportation in Delhi, and pass through the city’s picturesque colleges and universities, stopping at an ancient Hanuman temple.
After visiting the temple, we head out to our first food stop and witness how fresh local shawarma (kebab) is made. From here, we’ll continue on to an iconic neighbourhood eatery that is popular with everyone, including students from nearby colleges. Here, you can enjoy a local favourite – fresh fruit beer – as well as momos (dumplings) and banta, a delicious lemon-based drink that’s an ideal refreshment for hot Delhi weather.
We then continue through the Kamla Market and emerge into a narrow alley full of delectable street food joints. This lane is a great spot for photographers and food lovers alike, and here’s where we’ll sample several local delicacies like golgappas and bhelpuri. Yum!
After sampling nearly everything we possibly can, walk it off through some beautiful nearby markets, admiring everything including the work of a local henna painter. Just when you didn’t think it possible, we’ll find more food! Sample some crispy potatoes, pao bhajji, and stop for the best homemade ice cream in Delhi, kulfi-falooda.
A little more walking through the bustling, fascinating streets of Delhi will lead us to our final stop – a sweet shop, where we’ll have the opportunity to try some fresh samosa, gulab jamun, and Jalebi.
This delectable Delhi tour will leave you very satisfied and an aficionado of Delhi’s best local food, which you’ll be craving long after you leave this enigmatic city.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Rickshaw ride
- All food and drink as indicated.
- Entrance to Hindu temple
- Items of personal nature
- additional food beyond inclusions
- tips / gratuities for your local guide.
- Bookmundi is partner with Urban Adventures. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Full payment of 68 USD is required to confirm this tour.Travel Insurance
Delhi Food Walk tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi Food Walk tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical InformationMeeting start point : Vishwidhalaya Metro Station, Gate No. 4 (Yellow Line) Meeting end point : Vishwidhalaya Metro Station.