- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cycle through the Sanjay Van Forest to the oldest parts of Delhi. Visit the ancient tombs of Balban and Iltutmish. Explore the ruins of Lal Kot and visit Jahanpanah mosque. Admire the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Qutb Minar. Wander through the scattered timeravaged monuments of Mehrauli Archaeological Park. Visit the artsy expat hub of Hauz Khas Village.
Go back in time as you cycle through the oldest parts of historical Delhi and explore ancient ruins and monuments. Cruise through a supposedly haunted forest to a UNESCO World Heritage site. Wander through an archeological park scattered with time-ravaged tombs and mosques. End this exciting day tour in an artsy expat village where you can get lunch and mingle with the local people.
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: 6:00am Karol Bagh Metro Station
Finish Point: Haus Khas Village
Get to know the ancient side of India’s capital city by cycling through some of the oldest areas of Delhi. After meeting your guide, take the Metro to the neighbourhood of Mehrauli and jump on a bike to discover monuments that date back to the 11th and 12th centuries. Explore the ancient tombs of Balban and Iltutmish and learn of their historical significance. Cycle through the haunted Sanjay Van Forest to the ruins of Lal Kot, the first city of Delhi, and visit what's left of Jahanpanah mosque. Ride on to the famous Qutb Minar, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the tallest pre-medieval tower standing 73 metres. Wander through the scattered time-ravaged monuments of Mehrauli Archaeological Park. Climb down the stone stairs to the ancient stepwell of Rajon ki Baoli and admire the water collecting techniques used by the indigenous civilization. Cruise over to the artsy expat hub of Hauz Khas Village with plenty of eateries, coffee houses and markets. This is where the tour comes to an end, so opt to socialize with the people over a cup of chai or wander through the residential streets. Your guide can assist with transport back to your hotel.
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- No meals included
- Bicycle, walking.
- Professional English-speaking Local Guide
- Half-day cycling tour
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Metro ride from Karol Bagh Station to Mehrauli
- Entrance fee to the Qutab Minar Complex
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delhi Day Tour: Cycle Qutab Minar and Meharuli (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 4 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delhi Day Tour: Cycle Qutab Minar and Meharuli (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 March 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delhi Day Tour: Cycle Qutab Minar and Meharuli (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi Day Tour: Cycle Qutab Minar and Meharuli (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 14 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.