- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 1 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 25
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Learn about Indian cuisine. Visit spice markets and key food sites. Sample local delicacies. Admire Jama Masjid mosque. Kathi rolls lunch at ageold eatery.
On this half-day adventure that will leave you in food heaven, join in on the fun and experience the local delicacies and diverse cuisines of Delhi. Visit age-old markets and landmark food joints around the city and indulge your tastebuds. Walk with an experienced foodie who will teach you about the intricacies of the cuisine from various parts of the country. Taste your way through spice markets and favourite spots around the city, even inside a temple!
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: 8:30am Karol Bagh Metro Station
Finish Point: Karol Bagh Metro Station
Taste your way through the wondrous Indian cuisines like a pro on this foodie tour with a local guide who knows all the best spots. After meeting your guide, jump on the exciting public transit and head to the heart of Old Delhi, Chandni Chowk, filled with bustling markets and shops. Begin the journey with a steaming cup of Chai tea in an authentic terracotta cup for the walk to one of India's largest mosques - Jama Masjid - constructed by the same architect who designed the Taj Mahal. Visit the intimate Karim's for a taste of their famous Kebabs with a recipe that stretches throughout generations and still today carries the age old Mughalai flavours. Continuing on, stop at a kulcha vendor to understand why the people of India love their flatbreads with a combination of beetle leaf, areca nut, lime, and sweet rose preserve. Also try paratha, the traditional staple of fried stuffed bread served fresh from the vendor. Visit a chaat street chef to learn about the various savory chaat dishes and see how they are prepared. Enjoy the sugary scents as you wander through the sweets shop to try some Indian candies. Admire the peaceful Gurdwara Bangla Sahib palace of worship with great golden domes and reflecting pool or get to know the local people at the world's largest community kitchen in the stunning Sikh Temple. Jump back on the Metro to Connaught Place shopping centre and walk through the variety of street stall. Lastly, enjoy a sumptuous lunch at the age-old eatery of Nizam's Kathi serving the best Kathi Rolls. Your stomach will definitely thank you for this tour!
Note that this Day Tour is operated by one of G Adventures' preferred suppliers and will be a shared service with other non-G Adventures travellers.
- 1 lunch
- Metro, Walking
- Professional English-speaking Local Guide
- Half-day culinary tour
- Professional English-speaking local guide
- Street food samples
- Learn how the famous Chaat dishes are made
- Entrance to sites along the route
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delhi Day Tour: Culinary Delights of India (half day) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 2 today.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delhi Day Tour: Culinary Delights of India (half day) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delhi Day Tour: Culinary Delights of India (half day) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delhi Day Tour: Culinary Delights of India (half day) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Physical Grading : 1 - EasyLight walking, few climbs more challenging than a flight of stairs. Easy does it.
- 3. Trip Type : Day ToursDay Tours let you experience the best a city has to offer in one day or less, and can be booked whether or not you’re on a multi-day tour.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.