- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Classic camping trek through rhododendron forests to the Singalila Ridge See four of the five highest peaks on Earth: Everest, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse and Makalu
Tucked away in a corner of the beautiful Indian Himalayan mountains are Sikkim and Darjeeling. In recent years Sikkim has become more accessible for those looking to explore its unique beauty. Journey from the plains of India to Gantok, the capital of Sikkim and on to the delightful Martam village. From here we travel through beautiful tea plantations to Darjeeling, with its colonial hill station and UNESCO World Heritage 'toy train'. Trekking up to and along the Singalila ridge, which divides India and Nepal, we move through thick forests of rhododendron and are rewarded with views of the great Himalayan peaks. Kanchenjunga the third highest peak in the world dominates the horizon, and on a clear day we will see the majesty of Makalu, Lhotse and Everest.
Day 1: Start Delhi
Day 2: Fly to Bagdogra; drive to Gangtok
Day 3: Drive to pretty Martam village visiting the Rumtek Monastery en route
Day 4: Sightseeing the pretty village of Martam
Day 5: Drive to the famous hill station of Darjeeling
Day 6: Take a toy train ride, travel on to Rimbik the gateway to our trek and follow
a short trail to our first campsite
Day 7: Trek through beautiful forest, descend to Gurdum Khola then up to Gurdum
Day 8: Final ascent through forest to the Singalila Ridge the highest point of our
Day 9: Trekking along the Singalila Ridge taking in the Himalayan panoramas,
including Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Everest and Lhotse
Day 10: Trek further along the Singalila Ridge with breathtaking views of
Kanchenjunga on a clear day
Day 11: Trek through a collection of small settlements inhabited by different
cultures to Rimbik a large Sherpa village
Day 12: Drive to Darjeeling visiting a tea estate en route to learn how this popular
drink is produced
Day 13: Morning to continue exploring Darjeeling then drive to Siliguri where we
catch the overnight train to Calcutta
Day 14: Arrive Calcutta; free time to explore
Day 15: End Calcutta
- All accommodation All transport and listed activities
- All breakfasts, 7 lunches and 10 dinners
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to New Delhi and from Kolkata are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Darjeeling, Sikkim & the Singalila Ridge tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 115+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Darjeeling, Sikkim & the Singalila Ridge tour. You can cancel the tour up to 91 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 90 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 January 2022, a deposit of 25% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 90 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Darjeeling, Sikkim & the Singalila Ridge tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Darjeeling, Sikkim & the Singalila Ridge tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.