- Cooking classes
- Local culture
- Shopping and Markets
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 6
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Learn traditional Indian homecooking from the kitchen of a local
- Tour a typical market and learn about the fresh ingredients in traditional cuisine
- Share the dinner with your host family
Get picked up from your local hotel at 4 pm and drive to the humble abode of your host for the day. Your friendly hostess will welcome you in to her family and take you on an extraordinary kitchen excursion.
Proceed to the spice market in the company of your masala-expert hostess and learn from her the medicinal use and significance of various exotic herbs and spices. Buy some sample ingredients according to the meal requirements and explore the bustling Indian bazaars.
Back home, cook your way through various delectable dishes and note down all the culinary tips and tricks. Have a fun-filled cooking session with your expert hostess, as she teaches you the insights of Indian cuisine. Also, understand the close-knit Indian family system as you eat together with your host family. Post-dinner, you will be dropped back to hotel.
India is a vast and beautiful county with many places to visit. I worked with Gets on our time line and we visited the Golden Triangle, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Amritsar, Chandigarh, Shimla and Delhi. All arrangements had been made, this included very good hotels, fantastic drivers, good guides and all amenities.
The Taj Mahal is a sight to see, its beauty is amazing. Rishikesh is a very special place, we had fantastic accommodation on the banks of the Holy River Ganges. Amritsar and the Punjab region is very special, the Wagah Border ceremony is a must see. Shimla was larger than expected but you can still explore the old town round Mall road.
We took the train from Chandigarh to Deli, Shatabdi Express what a great way to travel, very comfortable and a great dinner on board. Full train and as with all of India very friendly passengers to guide and assist us.
The food was fantastic but remember to ask for little Spice
We had limited time in Delhi, just enough to see the main sights, we need to go back to explore more.
India is amazing but its the PEOPLE who really make India a memorable experience, their warmth and hospitality is amazing.”
Everything very well planned.
Our driver Rohtash and our Udaipur guide Mr Jeetu made our trip very special.
It was a life time trip.”
- A cooking class taught by expert hostess
- Spice market tour
- Classes are private & limited to single person/group or family to ensure maximum participation & engagement
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationConfirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability Dress code is smart casual Please inform of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.