- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Walking tour
- Art and architecture
- Shopping and Markets
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3347
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- This is our most popular trip to Rajasthan and one of the topselling trips in our entire range. Opulent, whimsical, and endlessly fascinating – Rajasthan will no doubt capture your imagination and your heart too.
- Don't worry if you find the idea of travelling to India daunting at first your local leader will be on hand to give you all the insider info to help you have a memorable experience of this captivating, but sometimes challenging, country.
- Walk past hills, shimmering lakes, and marble palaces of Udaipur – India’s most romantic city and one of our favourites. Read more about why here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/veniceoftheeastindiaudaipur/
- Watch the sunset from a rampart on Fort Madhogarh, one of our heritage hotels (and a former royal residence) that will be your accommodation while here.
- Keep your adrenaline charged with an evening tigerspotting safari among the lakes and jungles of one of India's best known national parks Ranthambhore.
- Visit our local friends in their home on the border of sacred Pushkar Lake and the evocative Thar Desert. Share a meal together and gain insight into local life.
- Could any visit to India be complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal? Here's what you need to know about your visit: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/tajmahaltravelguide/
- Show more
The enchanting northern state of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our classic adventure, we discover the fierce history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces. Stroll markets, search for the elusive Bengal tiger, enjoy a shared meal with a family in Pushkar, and soak up the culture of the local people. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan.
Day 1: Delhi
Day 2: Delhi
Day 3: Agra
Day 4: Madhogarh
Day 5: Jaipur
Day 6: Jaipur
Day 7: Ranthambhore National Park
Day 8: Bundi
Day 9: Paangarh Lake
Day 10: Bijaipur
Day 11: Udaipur
Day 12: Udaipur
Day 13: Pushkar
Day 14: Pushkar - Delhi
Day 15: Delhi
- Permanent tent (1 night), Heritage Property (3 nights), Hotel (10 nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Auto rickshaw , Bus , Cycle rickshaw , Jeep , Metro , Private vehicle , Shuttle Bus , Taxi , Train , Van
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Delhi - Visit to the Jama Masjid Mosque
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Agra - Agra Fort
- Agra - Red Fort guided tour
- Madhogarh - Leader-led village walk
- Madhogarh - Dinner at Fort Madhogarh
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Ranthambhore National Park - Evening wildlife safari
- Bundi - Stepwell
- Bundi - Bundi Palace
- Bundi - Market visit & Chai tasting
- Bijaipur - Countryside jeep safari
- Udaipur - Leader-led walking tour
- Udaipur - City Palace
- Pushkar - Leader-led walking tour
- Pushkar - Home-cooked lunch
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Rajasthan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Rajasthan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 May 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 May 2023, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Rajasthan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Rajasthan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- We include some key sights in each destination as well as aim to provide some free time for you to make your own discoveries. Past travellers have found that some research before they travel on what they are most interested in seeing and doing has allowed them to maximise their time in each place.
- While there is no guarantee you will see a tiger during your safari in Ranthambhore, you may have a chance to see a variety of other wildlife, including hyenas, jackals, deer, langurs, marsh crocodiles, wild boars, and birdlife.
- Make sure your luggage is light and compact enough to be able to carry it up and down multiple flights of stairs (ie. in train stations, hotels without elevators).
- There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take between six to eight hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers, and the diverse scenery. We are covering a lot of this vast country during the trip, so the journey is all part of the India experience.
- It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in the desert. Layers are one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather. We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
Is Asia open for tourists?
Despite the initial fears of the Covid-19 pandemic, most Asian countries have managed to mitigate its effects. As such, many popular destinations throughout the continent are currently open for travelers with precautionary measures like mandatory vaccinations. A few countries, however, require newly arrived travelers to spend a couple of days in quarantine.
As of February 2022, countries like Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are officially open for vaccinated tourists without the need for quarantine. Meanwhile, India and Indonesia are two of the countries that may require you to quarantine for up to a week on arrival. However, Japan, Vietnam, and Myanmar are yet to open their doors to visitors.
- What are some of the most popular tourist destinations in India?
- How many days are sufficient for an India tour?
- What are some of the tourist scams that I need to know about before visiting India?
Is India a safe place for tourists?
India is generally safe for tourists. However, petty crimes, such as pickpocketing and purse snatching, are common. Tourists tend to be targeted in busy tourist areas, and petty crime frequently occurs on public transportation and overnight trains. Be aware of your surroundings and take care to avoid potentially risky situations.