- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 19 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The Taj Mahal is not only a sumptuous masterpiece of Indian architecture, but also a truly meaningful stop on any traveller’s journey. Here's what you need to know about your visit: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/tajmahaltravelguide/
- Overlooking the picturesque scene of Moata Lake, the monumental Amber Fort is one sight that will forever be under India’s protection
- Experience authentic Rajasthani luxury with a heritage stay at the lavish Bhanwar Vilas in Karauli
- Old and New Delhi fuse to create a city that pays homage to past empires, while wrestling with its modern identity
Visit India and follow the famous Golden Triangle. Enjoy the perfect introduction to India's three most popular destinations - Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur - as we explore the icons and discover the secrets of this fascinating region. Experience the history of massive forts, the opulence of Rajasthan's palaces, and the traditions of a heritage homestay. Head north into the Himalayan foothills and be introduced to the Mountains and Mystics of this incredible country. These mystical lands look and feel very different from the rest of India - from the food and clothes to the crisp, clean mountain air and spiritual sway of the inhabitants. Discover the complex diversity of India and be enchanted by a land balanced between physical and spiritual worlds.
all in all a great tour.”
Fatehpur Sikri – Agra
Dharamsala (McLeod Ganj)
Dharamsala (McLeod Ganj)
Amritsar – Overnight train
Rishikesh – River Ganges
- Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night), Heritage Property (2 night), Hotel (14 nights), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 3 Dinners
- Cycle rickshaw , Metro , Overnight sleeper train , Private vehicle , Shuttle Bus , Train
- An expert tour leader
- Delhi - Leader-led Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
- Delhi - Jama Masjid
- Delhi - Sheeshganj Gurudwara (Sikh Temple)
- Jaipur - Leader-led walking & market tour
- Jaipur - Amber Fort
- Karauli - Village walk
- Fatehpur Sikri - Guided tour
- Agra - Taj Mahal
- Shimla - Leader-led walking tour
- Shimla - Viceregal Lodge
- Mandi - Leader-led walking tour
- Dharamsala - Norbulingka Institute
- Dharamsala - Dalai Lama Temple
- Amritsar - Golden Temple
- Amritsar - Jallianwallah Bagh
- Amritsar - Wagah Border ceremony
- Rishikesh - Leader-led walking tour
- Rishikesh - Chaurasi Kutia 'The Beatles Ashram'
- Any international flights to/from New Delhi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of India tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of India tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 26 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 26 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Best of India tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of India tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Old Delhi can be very busy and crowded. While it’s an exciting place to see local life moving around you, be aware that on the walking tour you’ll need to navigate through people, tight spaces, and walkways.
- Rajasthan can reach extremely high temperatures in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours early in the morning when it’s cooler, remember to keep hydrated and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt, and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
- We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees.
- This trip involves some long train rides, which can be tiresome but offer a quintessential Indian experience. The journey from Delhi to Shimla takes nearly a full day of train travel and you’ll also be taking a ten-hour overnight sleeper train from Amritsar to Haridwar.
- Sleeper trains are clean and air-conditioned and a great way to travel long distances while still getting maximum time in each place. Beds are padded berths with sheets, pillow, and blanket provided (although some people prefer to bring their own sleeping sheet). Please note that you may be sharing with locals of the same or opposite gender.
- We’ll be taking a local bus between Mandi and Dharmsala. The road through the mountains is rough and bumpy, but the scenery, adventure, and opportunity to mingle with locals will distract you from any discomfort.
- In Dharmsala, our vehicle can’t get all the way to the hotel so some walking (500 m) with your luggage will be required.
- As Rishikesh is a sacred town, no alcohol is permitted.
- This trip travels into the Himalayas, where temperatures can get very low. We don’t run the trip in winter, but ensure that you’re well prepared for cold weather at any time of the year. The sun can also be strong at higher altitudes, so make sure you bring a hat, sunscreen, and any other relevant sun protection.
- Long-distance and overnight trains can often be delayed and occasionally cancelled due to heavy fog between Dec-Feb. Please see the transport section of the essential trip information.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers