- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 11
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spend two days hiking through the pristine wilderness of Abel Tasman National Park. Walk along the coast track to Barks Bay and Anchorage, and swim in the crystal clear waters of Cleopatra’s Pool.
- Hike a spectacular limestone river canyon in Paparoa National Park, collecting wood for a fire in an overhang cave near your secluded campsite.
- Cycle the West Coast Wilderness Trail on a selfguided biking experience between the Arahura River Bridge and historic Kumara. You will pedal past native forests, clear streams and panoramas just asking for a photo.
- A trek up through Edwards Valley is all the more worth it when you peer on top of the treeline towards rugged mountain tops at Edwards Hut. Spend the night with fellow hikers in the heart of the Southern Alps.
Go beyond the usual suspects on New Zealand’s South Island as you spend eight days discovering alpine wilderness, coastal trails and crystal-clear waters. As you spend time travelling from Nelson to Christchurch via the west coast, experience two days hiking through the ethereal and unspoiled beauty of Abel Tasman National Park, take a self-guided cycle on the West Coast Wilderness Trail between Arahura River and Kumara, head above the treeline in Arthur’s Pass to Edwards Hut and enjoy time to explore historic townships along the way. It’s not New Zealand without rugged mountaintops, pristine waters and spectacular winding roads, and you’ll hit all three and more with a local guide leading you each day.
My tour guide, Kelly, was super knowledgeable, funny, and a pleasure to be around!
The group of people from different countries, regions, and ages made it the best tour I have been on.
Below are a few highlights:
1. BBQ in the Grampians
2. Bay of Martyrs
3. Seeing koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat
4. The scenery along the Great Ocean Road
5. A boomerang lesson
6. The entire trip was lovely.”
Nelson - Abel Tasman National Park
Abel Tasman National Park
Paparoa National Park
- Camping (4 nights), Lodge (1 night), Hut (1 night), Basic Hut (1 night).
- 6 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Boat , Water Taxi , Bicycle , Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Abel Tasman Coastal Track - Hike to Bark Bay
- Abel Tasman Coastal Track - Hike to Anchorage Camp
- Abel Tasman NP - Water Taxi
- Charleston - Headlands Hike
- Paparoa National Park - Hike
- West Coast Wilderness Trail - Bike Hire
- Arthur's Pass - Hike to Edwards Hut
- Arthur's Pass - Return Hike
- Any international flights to Nelson and from Christchurch are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Hike Abel Tasman & West Coast Rainforests tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 113+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Hike Abel Tasman & West Coast Rainforests tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 October 2021, a deposit of 99 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Hike Abel Tasman & West Coast Rainforests tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Hike Abel Tasman & West Coast Rainforests tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip is a real hiking adventure where you will be carrying your own belongings, including a sleeping bag.
- On these trips everyone lends a hand: whether it’s cooking over a campfire, collecting firewood or pitching a tent together. There’s nothing quite like wrestling a tent in the wind to get to know your fellow travellers.
- No multi-day hiking experience is needed but you need to be a good walker and able to carry a backpack. And yes, occasionally you might just get your feet wet!
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic and international travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.