- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Sigiriya Hike jungle trails and ascend iconic Lion Rock
- Kumbalgama Trek to Buddhist temple for overnight and join in temple life
- Adam's Peak Join pilgrims on an ascent of this sacred mountain
- Diverse landscapes Enjoy Sri Lanka's mountains, tea plantations, rainforest and beaches
On this Sri Lankan walking holiday you'll discover both the country's past and its contemporary culture. Hike through the jungle to ancient sites, join throngs of pilgrims on an ascent of sacred Adam's Peak and search for elephant on safari. Exploring on foot allows you to experience these special places in a different way to the less active visitor.
Sigiriya - Hike jungle trails and ascend iconic Lion Rock
Diverse landscapes - Walk among tea plantations, rainforest and beaches
Colombo - Discover the capital's colonial heritage on a walking tour
Day 1 : Join trip in Negombo on the shores of the Indian Ocean
Day 2 : Visit Dambulla cave temples; jeep safari in search of elephants
Day 3 : Hike to Sigiriya and climb Lion Rock; explore Polunnaruwa
Day 4 : Trek in the Knuckles Range; overnight in former colonial bungalow
Day 5 : Morning Knuckles hike; drive to Kandy, orientation walk in afternoon
Day 6 : Tea museum visit; trek in the hills above Kandy
Day 7 : Train journey to Hatton; walk along banks of Castlereigh Reservoir and through tea estates
Day 8 : Ascend the sacred mountain - Adam's Peak
Day 9 : Train to Ohiya; trek down the Devil's Staircase before driving to campsite at Belihuloya
Day 10 : Walk in the Belihuloya area; drive to the Sinharaja Forest Reserve
Day 11 : Rainforest hike ; drive to Unawatuna on south coast
Day 12 : Free day at the beach with option to visit nearby Galle
Day 13 : Train to Colombo; walking tour
Day 14 : Trip ends in Colombo
- 12 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Beacon Beach Hotel (1 night)
- Acme Hotel (2 nights)
- Sir John's Bungalow (1 night)
- Queens Hotel Kandy (2 nights)
- Punsisi Rest Guest House (2 nights)
- Kinchigune Camp Site (1 night)
- Blue Magpie Lodge (1 night)
- Calamander Unawatuna Beach Resort (2 nights)
- Colombo City Hotel (1 night)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Camp Crew
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walking in Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 82+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walking in Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walking in Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walking in Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.