- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 6+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit Sri Maha Bodhiya tree, the oldest humanplanted tree in the record
- Take a trip to Dambulla cave temple, also known as the Golden Temple
- Climb the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Sigiriya, one of Sri Lanka's most famous sites
- Explor the endemic and exotic plants at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya
Explore the famous monuments such as the 200 metre high Sigiriya rock, and Sri Maha Bodhiya tree, the oldest recorded tree planted by humans. Take a trip to an ayurvedic village and a tea plantation while in Kandy and see the sacred Temple of the Tooth, regarded as the home to the tooth relic of Lord Buddha.
You also have the option to go on a safari in Minneriya National Park, looking for large herds of elephants. You can also go to Hiriwadunna village to know firsthand the lives of normal Sri Lankans.
Day 1: Arrive at Negombo
Day 2: Relics of Anuradhapura
Day 3: Day in Sigiriya
Day 4: Hiriwadunna Village and Sigiriya Rock
Day 5: Around Kandy
Day 6: BIA airport
- 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 4 dinners
- Dambulla Cave Temple entrance tickets
- Hiriwaduna village tour
- All activities and visits mentioned in the itinerary
- Welcome pack and one water bottle per person each day
- Any international flights to and from Colombo
- Visas and travel insurance
- Tip and other expenses of a personal nature
- Optional excursions mentioned on the itinerary
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 13+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSinhala & Tamil New Year The celebration of the Sinhala & Tamil New Year takes place every year on the 13th and 14th of April. You might experience larger crowds in places of your interest. Also, during your visit to the tea factory, it is possible that no product presentation takes place and no tea picker is present This tour have a minimum number of participants. You can travel with another traveler and several other people. Your group can consist of a maximum of 24 participants From day 1 to day 6 of the tour, you will be accompanied by a local, English-speaking tour guide. Tipping is not compulsory, but it is customary in the tourism industry. If you are satisfied with your guide or driver, for example, then you can certainly tip at the end of your trip or your excursion Our tipping suggestions are as follows: Chambermaids: about €1 per room per night Suitcases: about €1 per suitcase Chauffeurs and helpers: about €2 per person per day Guide: about €3 per person per day