- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
Sri Lanka is an often overlooked holiday destination – mostly due to the recently ended civil war – but it is now a vibrant and safe island to explore with a commendable collection of ancient and natural sights and amazing beaches. For much of the past three decades, large areas of the north were off limits, but this final frontier is now open, and Sri Lanka is now ready for you to explore its hidden treasures from the northern most tip down to the southernmost point.
This road ride takes us all the way down the length of Sri Lanka through a wide variety of terrain. We start riding through the northern plains on flat terrain and explore the Jaffna Peninsula and surrounding islands with its unique mixture of colonial charm and vibrant Tamil culture.
After dipping our tires in the Indian Ocean, we ride south to overnight at little-visited Mannar Island. We pass a plethora of temples and monasteries cycling through the rice bowl of Sri Lanka on our way to Kandy, home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic. A rest day in Kandy prepares us for the hills as we work our way south and enter tea country and start climbing on winding roads to the central highlands. What goes up must come down, and we descend to end our journey at the southernmost tip of Sri Lanka at Dondra Point and commemorate the occasion with another dip of our tires in the Indian Ocean.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Standard Road Bike US$ 295
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka Tip to Tip by Road Bike tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 165 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 109 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 938 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 05 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka Tip to Tip by Road Bike tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka Tip to Tip by Road Bike tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2