- duration 12 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
Sporting the name Ceylon in its days within the British Empire, Sri Lanka, the “Pearl of the Indian Ocean,” has known many identities on its journey to modernity. Famous for its peaceful Buddhist ruins, including the beautiful palace and frescoes of the 5th-century fortress Sigiriya, Sri Lanka enjoys year-round sunshine and breath-taking views of the Indian Ocean from every shore.
Follow the coastal roads, pausing to breathe deep at the fish markets (or not) and capture the colorful sails of the local Karavas fishing boats on camera. Catch the whiff of cinnamon being cooked as we cycle, and tackle the hill country outside of Kandy to reach one of the island's highlights; the tea estates. Sri Lanka’s landscape combines a great mix of challenging terrain and beautiful scenery; perfect for this tour.
Cycle red dirt tracks which wind through the countryside, flanked by elephant grass—and maybe wild elephants too. Drink in the water gardens at Sigiriya, before climbing Lion Rock to awe at the views overlooking the ruins. A wildlife enthusiast? Sri Lanka offers the chance to spot a wide range of birds and animals in their natural habitat. From small creatures—like mongoose—and over 400 species of bird, to the world’s largest animals, the elephant and blue whale, Sri Lanka is a nature lover’s dream.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike US$ 220
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka Spice Trails tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 136 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 90 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 772 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 29 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka Spice Trails tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka Spice Trails tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is 2