- Countryside and village visits
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Trek through luscious green hills.
- Journey amongst Sri Lanka's most breathtaking scenery.
- Sample local cuisine at a village meal.
- Inhale local flavours at a spice garden.
Now's the time to explore Sri Lanka on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Want to load up on culture on a backpacker's budget? This whirlwind 12-day tour of central and southern Sri Lanka is just the ticket. Discover beautiful ruins, hike through tea plantations, tour a spice garden, and then chill out on Hikkaduwa Beach. Explore Sri Lanka with a group of like-minded travellers and you'll head home with some new friends and new perspectives.
Day 1: Negombo
Day 2: Negombo/Sigiriya
Day 3: Sigiriya
Day 4: Sigiriya/Digana
Day 5: Digana/Kandy
Day 6: Kandy/Nuwara Eliya
Day 7: Nuwara Eliya/Ella
Day 8: Ella
Day 9: Ella/Hikkaduwa
Day 10: Hikkaduwa
Day 11: Hikkaduwa
Day 12: Hikkaduwa
- Hotels/guest houses (10 nts), homestay (1 nt).
2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Note: Allow USD215-280 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, walking.
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout.
- Your G for Good Moment: Tamarind Gardens Farm, Digana
- Your G for Good Moment: Breakfast at Sthree Craft Shop and Café, Kandy
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Big Night Out Moment: Hikkaduwa Beach Bar, Hikkaduwa
- Sri Lankan lunch at a local village
- Spice garden visit
- Tea plantation tour
- Little Adam's Peak Tour
- Galle Fort tour
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Hikkaduwa are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka: Spice Gardens & Seasides tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 40+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sri Lanka: Spice Gardens & Seasides tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 22 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 22 November 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka: Spice Gardens & Seasides tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka: Spice Gardens & Seasides tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : BasicSimple and clean hotels and hostels; affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
- 3. Physical Grading : 2 - LightLight walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day or have a negative PCR test within 96 hours before your departure day.