- Chill out
- National parks
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 15 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
This two week exploration of spiritual Sri Lanka features a mix of ancient cities, rock carvings, gilded Buddhist temples and wildlife-filled national parks. It's a busy trip, but with time to relax both at the beach and in the hills, you'll uncover the 'Pearl of the Indian Ocean' at your own pace. National Parks - Enjoy a jeep safari in search of leopard, elephant, sambar deer and other wildlife Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya - Wander through ancient capitals, painted cave temples and climb the dramatic 'Sky Fortress' Kandy and the Hill Country - Explore the 'Temple of the Tooth' and the lush tea plantations in cooler climates.
Day 1 : Trip begins in Negombo
Day 2 : Jeep safari in Wilpattu National Park; Drive to Anuradhapura
Day 3 : Full day to explore the ancient citadel and Mihintale
Day 4 : Visit Dambulla's cave temples en route to Giritale
Day 5 : Visit Polonnaruwa and drive to Sigiriya
Day 6 : In Sigiriya; drive to Kandy
Day 7 : Discover the Temple of the Tooth
Day 8 : Drive through the Hill Country to Nuwara Eliya
Day 9 : Take a walk on Horton Plains or explore Nuwara Eliya
Day 10 : Drive to the hill town of Ella
Day 11 : Drive to Udawalawe, explore the National Park by Jeep and visit the elephant transit home
Day 12 : Stroll through the Portuguese Fort at Galle
Day 13 : Free time to relax on Unawatuna's quiet beaches; whale watching, in season
Day 14 : Early morning to relax on the beach before driving to Colombo
Day 15 : Trip ends in Colombo
- 14 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner
- Hotel J (1 night)
- Lakeside at Nuwarawewa (2 nights)
- Giritale Hotel (1 night)
- Kassapa Lions Rock (1 night)
- Queens Hotel Kandy (2 nights)
- Windsor Hotel (2 nights)
- Heaven's Edge (1 night)
- Athgira River Camp (1 night)
- Calamander Unawatuna Beach Resort (2 nights)
- Colombo City Hotel (1 night)
- Local Guide(s)
- Safari Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka In Depth - Private Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 147 today.
- Earn US$ 97+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sri Lanka In Depth - Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka In Depth - Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka In Depth - Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.