- duration 22 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Leopards Take a jeep safari in Willpaththu National Park
- Mihintale Explore the caves where Buddhism began in Sri Lanka
- Aukana Visit the Standing Buddha, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Dambulla Explore 5 of the ancient painted Cave Temples
Combine two of our favourite trips on a journey through enchanting Sri Lanka and the pristine Maldives. Our first two weeks are spent touring the cultural highlights of 'the pearl of the Indian Ocean\ before cruising through paradise in the Maldives. Wildlife in Sri Lanka- Search for leopards, elephants and sambar deer on game drives in the country's national parks Culture in Sri Lanka- Walk around ancient capitals, sacred religious sites and see the 'temple of the tooth\ Maldives Dhoni experience- Spend a week cruising, snorkelling and relaxing amongst crystal clear waters.
Explore's estimate of daily spending was way out.. .meals were about £2 - the most we paid was £5 (once!).
Overall, it was a brilliant trip... we were very lucky to have Reza as our guide. The Iranian people were incredibly welcoming, open and hospitable. The places we visited were stunning, and I'd recommend the trip to anyone.”
Day 1 : Join tour in Negombo
Day 2 : Game drive in Wilpattu National Park; drive to Anuradhapura
Day 3 : Full day to explore the ancient citadel
Day 4 : Visit Dambulla's cave temples en route to Giritale
Day 5 : Visit Polonnaruwa and drive to Sigiriya
Day 6 : Climb Lion's Rock at sunrise; drive to Kandy
Day 7 : Discover the Temple of the Tooth
Day 8 : Drive to Dalhousie for an ascent of Adam's Peak
Day 9 : Stop at a tea planation on the way to Nuwara Eliya
Day 10 : Drive to the hill town of Bandarawela
Day 11 : Drive to Udawalawe, explore the National Park by Jeep and visit the elephant transit home
Day 12 : Stroll through the Portuguese Fort at Galle
Day 13 : Free time to relax on Unawatuna's quiet beaches
Day 14 : Early morning to relax on the beach before driving to Colombo
Day 15 : Tour ends in Colombo
Day 16 : Sail to Vavuu Atoll and explore Kuda Anbaraa Island
Day 17 : Snorkel in the clear waters of the Meemu Atoll
Day 18 : Cruise to Dhiggaru Island for a Bodu Beru display
Day 19 : Visit the traditional village of Felidhoo
Day 20 : Discover Hulhidhoo reef before sailing to Fulidhoo
Day 21 : Sail to Male stopping to snorkel at Embudhoo Reef
Day 22 : Tour ends in Male
- 21 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 7 Dinner
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night simple guesthouse
- 1 night comfortable tented camp
- 6 nights simple boat
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Male Airport are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Explore. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 172 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 114 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 326 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 12 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.