- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- National Parks Enjoy a jeep safari with the hope of spotting a leopard, elephant and sambar deer in the wild
- Anuradhapura Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya Explore ancient capitals, painted cave temples and the dramatic 'Sky Fortress'
- Kandy and the Hill Country Explore the rich cultural heritage of the 'Hill Capital' and the lush tea plantations and colonial charm of the surrounding area
- Horton Plains Trek amongst unique flora and fauna on this beautiful plateau, and peer down over an 880 metre escarpment at 'Word's End'
Combine two of our favourite trips on a journey through enchanting Sri Lanka and the pristine Maldives. Our first two weeks are spent touring the cultural highlights of 'the pearl of the Indian Ocean' before cruising through paradise in the Maldives. Wildlife in Sri Lanka- Search for leopards, elephants and sambar deer on game drives in the country's national parks Culture in Sri Lanka- Walk around ancient capitals, sacred religious sites and see the 'temple of the tooth' Maldives Dhoni experience- Spend a week cruising, snorkelling and relaxing amongst crystal clear waters.
Day 1 : Join trip in Negombo
Day 2 : Game drive in Wilpattu National Park; drive to Anuradhapura
Day 3 : Full day to explore the ancient citadel
Day 4 : Visit Dambulla's cave temples en route to Giritale
Day 5 : Visit Polonnaruwa and drive to Sigiriya
Day 6 : Climb Lion's Rock at sunrise; drive to Kandy
Day 7 : Discover the Temple of the Tooth
Day 8 : Drive to Dalhousie for an ascent of Adam's Peak
Day 9 : Stop at a tea plantation on the way to Nuwara Eliya
Day 10 : Drive to the hill town of Ella
Day 11 : Drive to Udawalawe, explore the National Park by Jeep and visit the elephant transit home
Day 12 : Stroll through the Portuguese Fort at Galle
Day 13 : Free time to relax on Unawatuna's quiet beaches
Day 14 : Early morning to relax on the beach before driving to Colombo
Day 15 : Fly to Male
Day 16 : Sail to Vavuu Atoll and explore Kuda Anbaraa Island
Day 17 : Snorkel in the clear waters of the Meemu Atoll
Day 18 : Cruise to Dhiggaru Island for a Bodu Beru display
Day 19 : Visit the traditional village of Felidhoo
Day 20 : Discover Hulhidhoo reef before sailing to Fulidhoo
Day 21 : Sail to Male stopping to snorkel at Embudhoo Reef
Day 22 : Trip ends in Male
- 20 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 8 Dinners
- Hotel J (1 night)
- Lakeside at Nuwarawewa (2 nights)
- Giritale Hotel (1 night)
- Kassapa Lions Rock (1 night)
- Queens Hotel Kandy (2 nights)
- Punsisi Rest Guest House (1 night)
- Windsor Hotel (1 night)
- Heaven's Edge (1 night)
- Athgira River Camp (1 night)
- Calamander Unawatuna Beach Resort (2 nights)
- Colombo City Hotel (1 night)
- Aboard Dhoni (7 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Male are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 132+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 17 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 17 November 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka in Depth + Maldive Dhoni Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.