- duration 7 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ yrs
Sri Lanka, the 'Teardrop of India', is a collection of ancient and natural delights that will bedazzle visitors as you move from religious to monarchical to colonial sites. Left behind by Buddhism, Hinduism, the British, Dutch, Portuguese, and Indians these influences are seen throughout our trail of historical and cultural sites.
We visit five of Sri Lanka's eight UNESCO World Heritage sites as we cycle through the backroads and absorb a very traditional and grassroots feel of Sri Lanka. Our ride start by rolling into the beautiful old town of Kandy, home to the famed Temple of the Tooth and located on a picturesque lake. We next head into open abundant countryside, riding towards the caves and statues of Dambulla's Golden Temple. The dominating rock fortress of Sigiriya will be in view most of our ride as we cycle towards it.
After a climb to the top we walk through one of the oldest landscaped gardens in the world. At Minneriya National Park, we will find plenty of elephants on our jeep safari. The next fascinating stop on this trail of Sri Lanka’s most ancient cities, Polonnaruwa, is an immense former capital created in the 12th century. Hidden in dense jungle for many years, Anuradhapura, our last heritage site is a treat: with palaces, monasteries and monuments and a principal shrine of Buddhism.
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Mountain Bike Included
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Sri Lanka Heritage by Bicycle tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with SpiceRoads. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 80 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 53 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 456 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 44 days before departure. For any departures within 27 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Sri Lanka Heritage by Bicycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sri Lanka Heritage by Bicycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Other Practical Information Minimum Participants The minimum number of Participant for this trip is