- Wildlife safaris and game drives
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Farm and plantation visits
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Dambulla Explore the painted caves of this temple complex
- Willpaththu Look out for leopard, elephants and birdlife on a jeep safari
- Polonnaruwa Visit the Royal Palace and dramatic sculptures of this ancient city
- Sigiriya Climb to the top of Lion Rock, stopping to see the painted maidens half way up
Staying in stylish and comfortable hotels we travel to some of Sri Lanka's greatest sights. From ancient Buddhist sites to lush hill-side tea plantations and fascinating historic cities, all with their own enchanting story. Cultural triangle- Explore the ancient kingdom of Polonnaruwa as well as the Buddhist cave temples in Dambulla Kandy- Visit the revered Temple of the Tooth, said to house the relic of the tooth of Buddha Wilpattu National Park- Search for elephant and leopard in Wilpattu National Park and stay in a tented safari camp
Day 1 : Join trip in Negombo
Day 2 : Travel to our campsite at Willpattu National Park
Day 3 : Take two game drives in search of leopards
Day 4 : Visit a giant Buddha and the cave temples at Dambulla
Day 5 : Climb Lion Rock and explore ancient Polonnaruwa
Day 6 : Drive to Kandy and visit the Temple of the Tooth
Day 7 : Spend a free day exploring the relaxed town of Kandy
Day 8 : Visit a tea factory en route to Nuwara Eliya
Day 9 : Take a walk on Horton Plains or relax in Nuwara Eliya
Day 10 : Drive to Galle and take a walking tour of the fort
Day 11 : Free day in Galle. Optional whale watching
Day 12 : Drive to Mount Lavinia and relax on the beach
Day 13 : Morning sightseeing tour of Colombo. Free afternoon to relax
Day 14 : Trip ends in Mount Lavinia
- 13 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Jetwing Blue (1 night)
- Mahoora Tented Camp Wilpattu (2 nights)
- Jetwing Lake (2 nights)
- Mahaweli Reach Hotel (2 nights)
- Jetwing St Andrew's Hotel (2 nights)
- Jetwing Lighthouse Hotel and Spa (2 nights)
- Mount Lavinia (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Mt Lavinia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Secrets of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 131+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Secrets of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Secrets of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Secrets of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.