- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 11+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit numerous landmarks mentioned in the Ramayana
- Attend a pooja at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Visit the Kelaniya Temple in Colombo
- Explore Buddhist pilgrimage site in Galle
Encompassing the island's scenic west coast and hill capital, this guided tour takes you on an unforgettable journey across numerous ancient temples and monuments as you relive the tales of Ramayana.
This tour is one of the ultimate spiritual tours in Asia. It is an enriching religious and spiritual experience to Hindus, but it also offers an in-depth knowledge of Ramayana heritage in Sri Lanka for non-Hindu travelers.
Day 1: Negombo
Day 2: Kandy
Day 3: Kandy
Day 4: Kandy
Day 5: Nuwara Eliya
Day 6: Kataragama
Day 7: Galle
Day 8: Colombo
Day 9: Departure
- 8 breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Arrival and departure airport transfer
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary
- A professional, English-speaking tour guide
- Accommodation as per the itinerary
- Hotel service charges and VAT
- All transportation in an air-conditioned coach during the tour
- International/domestic flights
- Photo & video-shooting permits (wherever applicable)
- Meals except those mentioned in the itinerary
- Excursions and activities mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses
- Early check-in & late check-out
- Supplements ( Kandy Perahera, Christmas & New Year)
- Any services not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Save US$ 29+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSinhala & Tamil New Year: The celebration of the Sinhala & Tamil New Year takes place every year on the 13th and 14th of April. You might experience larger crowds in places of interest during this time. Also, during your visit to the tea factory, it is possible that no product presentation takes place and no tea picker is present. This tour does not have a minimum number of participants. You will either be travelling alone or with several people during this tour. Your group can consist of a maximum of 8 participants. From days 1 to 9 of the tour, you will be accompanied by a local, Englishspeaking tour guide. Tipping is not compulsory but it is customary in the tourism industry. If you are happy with the work of your guide, driver and support staff, then you can certainly tip at the end of the tour. Our tipping suggestions are as per the below: Chambermaids: about EUR 1 per room per night Bellboys: about EUR 1 per suitcase Chauffeurs and helpers: about EUR 2 per person per day Guides: about EUR 3 per person per day