- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Jaffna and Mannar Explore the lesser visited north with its colourful Tamil culture and ornate Hindu temples
- National Parks Spot leopard, elephant and sambar deer in their natural habitat
- Whale watching Search for Blue and Sperm whales off the coast of Trincomalee
- Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya Discover ancient capitals, painted cave temples and the dramatic 'Sky Fortress'
This journey to the North of Sri Lanka takes the train the town of Jaffna, heavily influenced by Tamil culture. As well as visiting Hindi temples, we spend some time camping on a remote beach, seeing the cultural heart of the country and snorkelling in clear waters off the country's East Coast. Jaffna- See the city at the heart of Tamil culture in Sri Lanka, including colonial buildings, Hindu Nallur Temple and outdoor hot springs Trincomalee- Search for blue whales off the coast and go snorkelling in paradisiacal Pigeon Island Mannar- Cross the causeway over to Mannar Island and see an abandoned Dutch Fort and camp under the starry sky
Day 1 : Join trip in Negombo
Day 2 : Search for leopards and elephants in Willpattu National Park
Day 3 : Coastal drive and cross a causeway to Mannar Island
Day 4 : Visit local fishing communities and evening barbecue under the stars
Day 5 : Take the train to Jaffna via Elephant Pass
Day 6 : Explore Delft and Nagadeepa Islands by boat and on foot
Day 7 : Bathe in Jaffna's natural springs and visit the Nallur Temple
Day 8 : Train to Anuradhapura and explore ancient ruins
Day 9 : Walk the pilgram route to the top of Mihintale. Drive to Trincomalee
Day 10 : Snorkelling off Pigeon Island and Blue whale spotting from Koneswaram Temple
Day 11 : Visit the world famous cave temple at Dambulla
Day 12 : Discover Lion's Rock and ancient Polonnaruwa
Day 13 : Drive to Kandy and discover the sacred Temple of the Tooth
Day 14 : Take a walking tour through colonial Colombo
Day 15 : Trip ends in Colombo
- 14 Breakfast, 3 Dinner
- 13 nights comfortable hotel
- 1 night comfortable camping
- Bus, 4WD, Boat, Train
- Explore Tour Leader, Boat Crew, Driver(s), Local Guide(s), Naturalist(s)
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this North Sri Lanka Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 78 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this North Sri Lanka Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 224 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 27 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
North Sri Lanka Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this North Sri Lanka Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.