- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wilpattu National Park Take a jeep safari to search for leopards, elephants and sambar deer
- Sigiriya View the colourful painted frescos on the climb up to King Kasyapa's ancient sky fortress set on the top of Lion's Rock, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Dambulla Explore incredible painted cave temple and share a meal with a local family
- Kandy Option to explore the Temple of the Tooth
This week long exploration of Sri Lanka packs in a wealth of highlights across this beautiful island. Discover sprawling ancient capitals, giant Buddhist statues, intricate temples, national parks teeming with wildlife and white sand tropical beaches. Wilpattu National Park - Take a jeep safari to search for leopards, elephants and sambar deer Sigiriya - Climb the UNESCO Heritage Site of Lion's Rock for stunning views of the surrounding plains Dambulla - Explore the incredible painted cave temple filled with Buddha statues and share a meal with a local family
Day 1 : Join trip in Negombo
Day 2 : In search of leopards in Wilpattu National Park
Day 3 : Explore cave temples and take lunch with the locals
Day 4 : Climb Lion's Rock at sunrise. Drive to Kandy
Day 5 : Learn about Sri Lanka’s tea en route to Unawatuna
Day 6 : Free time to explore Galle or whale watching (seasonal)
Day 7 : Drive to Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport where our trip ends
- 6 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Beacon Beach Hotel (1 night)
- Lakeside at Nuwarawewa (1 night)
- Acme Hotel (1 night)
- Queens Hotel Kandy (1 night)
- Calamander Unawatuna Beach Resort (2 nights)
- Explore Tour Leader
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Highlights of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 54+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Highlights of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 04 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 04 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Highlights of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Highlights of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.