- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
Take an action-packed family adventure across this spiritual island. Search for leopard in Wilpattu National Park, stay overnight in a fixed tent safari camp; cycle the backroads to discover ancient Buddhist cities in ancient Polonnaruwa and raft the white waters of the Central Highlands. Blessed with sun soaked beaches and a breadth of fun activities, its little surprise that Sri Lanka is one of our most popular family holiday destinations. Wildlife - search for groups of Asian elephants, leopard, sloth bear, spotted deer, buffalo, sambar and mongoose Beach time - relax on the tropical beaches of the Indian Ocean and take a surfing lesson (west coast version only) Get active - White water rafting on the Kelani River, ideal for beginners or intermediate rafters We offer an east and west coast version of this family holiday to benefit from the best weather conditions on each coast, staying on the east coast over the summer holidays and October half term and switching to the south west coast over Christmas, February and Easter.
Costa Rica is well up there with a couple of others in second place. A wonderful experience.”
Day 1 : Start trip in Negombo
Day 2 : Take a jeep safari in search of leopards in Wilpattu National Park, overnight tented camp
Day 3 : Share a meal with locals in Habarana, travelling by canoe and tuk tuk; cycling tour of ancient Polonnaruwa
Day 4 : Climb to the top of Sigiriya's dramatic Lion's Rock and explore Kandy's markets
Day 5 : Drive to Kitulgala, adventure capital of Sri Lanka. White water rafting and jungle walks. Stay in a jungle lodge
Day 6 : Continue to the Indian Ocean town of Hikkaduwa, free afternoon on the beach and marine park
Day 7 : Morning surf lesson in Hikkaduwa. Rest of the day free to enjoy the beach
Day 8 : Free morning on the beach. Train journey from Hikkaduwa to Colombo, continue to Negombo
Day 9 : Trip ends in Negombo
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Hotel J (2 nights)
- Big Game Safari Camp Wilpattu (1 night)
- Giritale Hotel (1 night)
- Mahaweli Reach Hotel (1 night)
- Rafters Retreat (1 night)
- Coral Rock by Bansai (2 nights)
- On Foot
- Activity Guide(s)
- Local Guide(s)
- Safari Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family Highlights of Sri Lanka - Private Tour tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 92 today.
- Earn US$ 61+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family Highlights of Sri Lanka - Private Tour tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family Highlights of Sri Lanka - Private Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family Highlights of Sri Lanka - Private Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.