- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 7+ yrs
- max group size 17
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Wildlife search for groups of Asian elephants, leopard, sloth bear, spotted deer, buffalo, sambar and mongoose.
- Beach time relax on the tropical beaches of the Indian Ocean and take a surfing lesson (west coast version only)
- Get active White water rafting on the Kelani River, ideal for beginners or intermediate rafters.
- Characterful accommodation stay in a tented safari camp and a jungle lodge in the forest.
Day 1 : Trip starts in Negombo
Day 2 : Drive to Kitulgala, adventure capital of Sri Lanka. White water rafting and jungle walks. Stay in a jungle Camp.
Day 3 : Visit a tea factory in Nuwara Eliya, continue to a colonial style hotel in Ella
Day 4 : Leisurely morning. Drive to Passikudah beach on the Indian Ocean.
Day 5 : Free day to enjoy the beach.
Day 6 : Share a meal with locals in Habarana, travelling by canoe and tuk tuk; cycling tour of ancient Polonnaruwa.
Day 7 : Climb to the top of Sigiriya's dramatic Lion's Rock, take a jeep safari in search of leopards in Wilpattu National Park, overnight tented camp.
Day 8 : Morning game drive, continue to Negombo.
Day 9 : Trip ends in Negombo.
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
- Beacon Beach Hotel (2 nights)
- Rafters Retreat (1 night)
- Heaven's Edge (1 night)
- Marina Passikudah (2 nights)
- Acme Hotel (1 night)
- Big Game Safari Camp Wilpattu (1 night)
- On Foot
- Explore Tour Leader
- Local Guide(s)
- Safari Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Family highlights of Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 57+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Family highlights of Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 August 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 59 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Family highlights of Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Family highlights of Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- The average size of this tour is just 12 people.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Various COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this trip to ensure the safety of each traveller.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations. It amongst others take into account personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.