- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- max group size 16
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cruise around in a 4WD on a wildlife safari, searching for elephants and leopards, then relax lakeside at tranquil Tissa.
- Shark, squid, barracuda and hundreds of things with fins that nobody knows the name of – visit the sensational Negombo Fish Market.
- Learn the benefits of washing down a spicy curry with pipinghot Ceylon tea during lunch in a lush mountain village near Ella.
- Leave the imprint of you face on the train window as you stare out wideeyed from Kandy to Ella – it’s basically a 6hour movie of amazing scenery.
On this trip we’ve taken Sri Lanka, boiled it like the tea leaves the country is famous for and strained out the most delicious stuff. Wandering past barracuda at the Negombo Fish Market, searching for elephants in Yala, munching a spicy curry in Ella and getting horizontal on the beach in Unawatuna, this 11-day tour is a Sri Lanka snapshot.
First Hotel in Ubud should be changed (smell in the room, dark)
Last Hotel in Sanur must be changed. After the other hotels, this standard "business" hotel is not an adequate end of the tour. Simply no atmosphere”
- Hotel (10 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Public bus , Train , Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Negombo - Fish market
- Matale - Spice Garden visit
- Kandy - Scenic train ride to Ella
- Ella - Trek to Ella Gap
- Ella - Nine Arch Bridge
- Yala/Udawalawe National Park - Wildlife safari
- Galle - Walking tour
- Galle - Scenic train ride to Colombo
- Colombo - City tour by bus
- Colombo - Guided Market Visit
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 37+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 08 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 08 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Essential Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Can you feel that tingling in your fingers? That my friend is power! This trip puts it in your hands – there are few inclusions, so you’ll have plenty of freedom to decide what you want to do.
- At 6 hours, the train ride from Kandy to Ella is the longest travel day. But the only reason you’ll want to get off this train is to charge your camera after what is basically a long, natural photoshoot.
- The road from Ella to Tissa Lake winds down mountains to the coast, which means it can be frustratingly slow. It also means that you’ll get to see the awesome scenery from literally every angle.
- Tourism in Sri Lanka is booming, resulting in a huge increase in visitors to Yala National Park. Overtourism and lack of sustainable management practices are of major concern to Intrepid, so in order to reduce our impact on wildlife and the environment we are trialling visits in a less-touristed section of the park known as Block 5 or Veheragala. If we determine that Block 5 is also too crowded to visit responsibly, we will change our itinerary to visit Udawalawe National Park. Udawalawe is home to wild elephants, wild buffalo, sambar deer and leopards. This is the same itinerary we follow from September to mid-October when Yala National Park is closed annually for infrastructure development and rejuvenation.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions