- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- The magnificent cave temples at Dambulla
- Cycle through rice paddy fields
- Search leopard in Yala National Park
- Climb the rock fortress at Sigiriya for breathtaking views
Lapped by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is a natural paradise with a landscape of verdant mountains, rainforests, paddy fields, tumbling waterfalls and sweeping gorges. From ancient Buddhist temples, the fortress of Sigiriya, the towns of Kandy and Nuwara Eliya in the hill country, the wildlife of Yala National Park (which has one of the highest concentrations of leopards in the world), to the idyllic palm-fringed beaches of the south coast, this small island offers incredible variety, made extra special by its laid back atmosphere and hospitable people.
Day 1: Start Negombo.
Day 2: Visit cave temples at Dambulla; to Sigiriya.
Day 3: Morning climb to the rock fortress; optional afternoon game drive.
Day 4: To Giritale; bike ride through country villages.
Day 5: Visit ancient capital of Polonnaruwa; drive to Kandy via spice garden.
Day 6-7: Free time in Kandy to explore or relax.
Day 8: To Nuwara Eliya via Kitulgala; optional Adams Peak climb (Dec-Apr only).
Day 9: Free morning in old colonial hillstation of Nuwara Eliya. Visit tea factory
Day 10: Early morning to Horton Plains; walk to World's End viewpoint; to Bandarawela
Day 11: Scenic drive through Ella Gap to Kataragama; game drive in Yala N.P.
Day 12: Drive to Tangalle and walk through rice paddies; coastal drive to Ahangama;
optional lunch at Tsunami house.
Day 13: Free day to relax on the beach or optional activities including whale
watching (Nov to April).
Day 14: To Galle; visit old fort; transfer to Colombo.
Day 15: End Colombo.
- 14 nights premium hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch
- All transport and listed activities
- Travel by private bus
- Additional travel by train, bicycle and jeep
- Some long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Bookmundi is partner with Exodus Travels. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 107 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 300 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 0 days before departure. For any departures within 07 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.