- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The magnificent cave temples at Dambulla
- Cycle through rice paddy fields
- Search leopard in Yala National Park
- Climb the rock fortress at Sigiriya for breathtaking views
Lapped by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is a natural paradise with a landscape of verdant mountains, rainforests, paddy fields, tumbling waterfalls and sweeping gorges. From ancient Buddhist temples, the fortress of Sigiriya, the towns of Kandy and Nuwara Eliya in the hill country, the wildlife of Yala National Park (which has one of the highest concentrations of leopards in the world), to the idyllic palm-fringed beaches of the south coast, this small island offers incredible variety, made extra special by its laid back atmosphere and hospitable people.
Day 1: Start Negombo.
Day 2: Visit cave temples at Dambulla; to Sigiriya.
Day 3: Morning climb to the rock fortress; optional afternoon game drive.
Day 4: To Giritale; bike ride through country villages.
Day 5: Visit ancient capital of Polonnaruwa; drive to Kandy via spice garden.
Day 6-7: Free time in Kandy to explore or relax.
Day 8: To Nuwara Eliya via Kitulgala; optional Adams Peak climb (Dec-Apr only).
Day 9: Free morning in old colonial hillstation of Nuwara Eliya. Visit tea factory
Day 10: Early morning to Horton Plains; walk to World's End viewpoint; to Bandarawela
Day 11: Scenic drive through Ella Gap to Kataragama; game drive in Yala N.P.
Day 12: Drive to Tangalle and walk through rice paddies; coastal drive to Ahangama.
Day 13: Free day to relax on the beach or optional activities including whale
watching (Nov to April).
Day 14: To Galle; visit old fort; transfer to Colombo.
Day 15: End Colombo.
- 14 nights premium hotels, all en suite , All accommodation
- All breakfasts and 1 lunch
- All transport and listed activities
- (if booking incl. flights)
- Travel by private bus
- Additional travel by train, bicycle and jeep
- Some long drives
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to Negombo and from Colombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 111+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 318 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 30 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Sri Lanka - Premium tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.