- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 11 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 20
- guiding method Fully guided
- Hike up Pidurangala Rock
- Visit Sigiriya rock fortress
- Visit Dambulla Cave Temple
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth
Iconic sights and in-depth adventures with a local Trip Leader. If you’ve ever Googled ‘beach holidays’ chances are Sri Lanka made the list. And yep, the beaches are pretty bloody good. But trust us, there’s a sh*t load more going on in this South Asian country than just surf, sand and sunburn. From ancient rock fortresses to Dutch colonial cities. Elephant safaris in lush national parks to whale watching off the coast. Scenic train rides through tea plantations to awe-inspiring hikes at sunrise. This Delve Deep trip uncovers the side to Sri Lanka you didn’t know existed.
Group atmosphere lacked in my experience.
Could do with reviewing some of the optionals.
Tour guide was good and had a lot of knowledge regarding each city we visited.
It is quite rushed whit a lot of time spent on the coach which I knew in advance. All in all I found 14 days on an organised tour was great for me.”
Day 1 : Negombo, Sri Lanka
Day 2 : Negombo to Sigiriya
Day 3 : Sigiriya
Day 4 : Sigiriya to Kandy
Day 5 : Kandy to Ella, via Nuwara Eliya
Day 6 : Ella
Day 7 : Ella to Udawalawe
Day 8 : Udawalawe to Mirissa
Day 9 : Mirissa
Day 10 : Mirissa to Galle
Day 11 : Galle to Negombo
- 9 nights in hotel-style accommodation (twin or double)
- 1 night luxury camping
- 10 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- Air-conditioned minicoach
- Trip Leader throughout the tour
- FYI: these are optional activities available locally. Things might change – prices are here to give you a rough idea.
- Visit the local fish market in Negombo (no additional cost)
- Minneriya jeep safari: from 30 USD
- Surfing lesson or board hire: prices available locally
- Whale watching tour (Nov
- Apr): from 115 USD
- Any international flights to/from Negombo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Delve Deep: Sri Lanka tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 78 today.
- Earn US$ 52+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Delve Deep: Sri Lanka tour. You can cancel the tour up to 64 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 63 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 March 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 March 2022, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 63 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Delve Deep: Sri Lanka tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Delve Deep: Sri Lanka tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- The crew in this tours are trained in COVID-specific hygiene standards and equipped with the skills required to keep every traveller safe.
- Coaches are immaculately cleaned before each trip starts and regularly throughout.
- This trip requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 atleast 14 days before departure, unless you are medically exempt from having the vaccine.