- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 2+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the Sri Maha Bodhiya tree, regarded as the first humanplanted tree in the world
- Take a scenic train ride from Kandy to Haputale
- Visit Temple of Tooth Kandy and kings palace
- Go in search of wild elephant herds in Udawalawe
Cover most parts of the Cultural Triangle as you make your way across world heritage sites of Anuradhapura, Sigiriya and Kandy in the centre of the country. Anuradhapura is an ancient city with a vast network of Buddhist temples, monasteries and places of worship.
At Dambulla, visit the Dambulla Cave Temple, the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka. Then climb the formidable Sigiriya rock fortress, named the eighth wonder of the world by UNESCO. At Kandy, visit one of the holiest Buddhist sites in the world, the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic, which houses a tooth of Buddha.
Along the way, gain a deeper understanding of the Sri Lankan way of life as you explore Hiriwaduna Village in a catamaran and take the local train from Kandy to Haputale.
Take in the diverse natural beauty of the country as you search Udawalawe National Park for herds of elephants and sail across Pigeon Island and its unmatched coral reef.
Day 1: Arrive in Negombo
Day 2: Anuradhapura
Day 3: Trincomalee
Day 4: Pigeon Island
Day 5: Sigiriya
Day 6: Sigiriya's rustic way of life
Day 7: Kandy
Day 8: Haputale
Day 9: Udawalawe
Day 10: Hikkaduwa
Day 11: Hikkaduwa free day
Day 12: Departure
- 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 8 dinners
- All accommodation as per the itinerary
- All transfers as per the itinerary, including pickup and drop-off
- Experienced, English-speaking tour guides
- Visas and travel insurance
- Any international flights to and from Colombo
- Tip and other expenses of a personal nature
- Optional excursions mentioned on the itinerary; you can book them on the spot
- Anything not mentioned in the 'What's Included' section of the itinerary
- Earn US$ 30+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationSinhala & Tamil New Year The celebration of the Sinhala & Tamil New Year takes place every year on 13 and 14 April. In the period around these dates, it may be that you experience extra crowds in traffic and at places of interest. Also during the visit to the tea factory, it is possible that no product presentation takes place and no tea pickers are present. You have the option to book additional excursions apart from the nine inclusive ones. During the booking process you can indicate which excursions you would like to book. All excursions can be booked for min. 2 persons and include transfer. Tipping is not compulsory, but it is customary in the tourism industry. If you are satisfied with your guide or driver, for example, then you can certainly tip at the end of your trip or excursion. Our advice during the trip is as follows: Chambermaids: about € 1 per room per night Porters: about € 1 per suitcase Chauffeurs and helpers: about € 2 per person per day Guides: about € 3 per person per day