- duration 6 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Explore Europe's most beautiful and dramatic coastline on foot
- Walk the famous Sentiero degli Dei (Footpath of the Gods) and other stunning trails
- Experience a divine mix of nature and culture
- Explore Amalfi, Ravello and Positano
On the tour, you’ll have time to visit the villages which are must-see attractions: Amalfi itself, but also Atrani, wonderfully preserved through the centuries, Ravello with its magnificent villas and of course the scenic and fashionable Positano. You will walk along well-maintained footpaths and paved alleyways, through attractive countryside with wonderful terraced lemon groves, vineyards and cultural treasures like rural chapels, ancient farmhouses, old watermills and wonderful villas and villages, where you can sit down and relax with a drink.
The landscape is immensely varied and surrounded by infinitely ever-changing views. It can be typically Mediterranean, intoxicating with its wild perfumed herbs, myrtle shrubs, thyme, rosemary and mastic trees, or almost alpine with meadows and bare rocks. And cultural heritage abounds! Beautiful little churches, ruins of castles and old farmhouses are found all over the place.
There are thousands of footpaths on the Amalfi coast, some which have become famous, such as the Sentiero degli Dei (the “Footpath of the Gods”), or are at least a thousand years old, like the Maestra dei Villaggi – the main road of the medieval Republic of Amalfi. But there are many unknown trails which are just as beautiful as well! Going from the sea to the mountains, or vice versa, there are always stupendous views, and you’ll walk through little villages, vineyards and olive groves, Mediterranean scrubs and woods, living rocks and chestnut woods.
The coast is protected from the cold northern winds by its impressive mountains and therefore has a wonderful climate all year long. This means that the tour is a good option for a great walk even in early spring or late autumn.
On this tour, you will discover that the Amalfi Coast has become Italy’s most famous coastline with good reason, but also that it only takes a little effort to get ‘off the beaten track’, and that at just a few hundred metres from the crowds, you will find yourself surrounded by nature.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Torre dello Ziro & Valley of the Mills
Day 3: Ravello & its villas
Day 4: Sentiero degli Dei
Day 5: Montains above Positano
Day 6: End of the tour
- 5 breakfasts
- 3 nights in Amalfi or Atrani and 2 nights in Positano in 3 or 4-star hotels
- Extensive route notes, with a description of the route & tourist information
- Maps at 1 : 25.000 scale or more detailed.
- GPS tracks of each walk
- 24/7 assistance
- Luggage transfer
- Private transfers as specified
- Single supplement
- Departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Tourist tax - if requested
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional additional tours or activities
- Items of personal nature
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.