- duration 8 days
- tour type Private Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Maximum altitude 1444 meters
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Follow ancient footpaths to see hidden corners of the world’s most beautiful coastline
- Walk to the highest peaks of the Amalfi Coast and enjoy the views
- Explore Valle delle Ferriere Nature Reserve
- Experience the famous "Footpath of the Gods" a walk with unrivalled views
The Amalfi Coast is a stunning combination of sea, picturesque coastal towns and mountains, with an abundance of both culture and nature. The landscape of the Amalfi coast is immensely varied and surrounded by infinite ever changing views that can be typically Mediterranean with myrtle shrubs and mastic trees or almost alpine with meadows and bare rocks. And there’s cultural heritage abound! Nothing can compare with the mosaic terraced landscape, or the little churches, ruins of castles and old farmhouses that are found all over. The Amalfi Coast is definitely Europe’s most scenic and dramatic stretch of coastline. And the best thing is, everything can be discovered on foot!
On this tour, explore some of the thousands of footpaths on the Amalfi coast, some which are famous such as the Sentiero degli Dei (the Pathway of the Gods), and others which are at least a thousand years old, like the Maestra dei Villaggi – the ‘main road’ of the Republic of Amalfi. Also, have the chance to explore a few lesser known paths which are just as beautiful! Going from the sea to the mountains or vice versa, there are always stupendous views, and you’ll walk through little villages, vineyards and olive groves, Mediterranean scrubs and woods, living rocks and chestnut woods.
A large part of this tour is along the coast, and of course, it touches all the famous coastal villages, which are a must to see and include Amalfi itself, but also Atrani, Ravello, Praiano and of course the scenic Positano. Walking in this area, you will enjoy some of the most splendid views of the Amalfi Coast and the Bay of Naples, while being immersed in an almost Alpine landscape. You will also surely enjoy the rural scenery, which makes you feel far away from the glitter of some of the fashionable places along the coast.
This tour shows you the paths most guides don’t know about and most books don’t write about! Discover the reason why the Amalfi Coast has become Italy’s most famous coastline, but see as well that there are still places to be by yourself, surrounded by nature.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: The highest peaks of the Amalfi Coast
Day 3: Praia Valley and via "Maestra dei Villaggi"
Day 4: Ravello and Valle dei Mulini
Day 5: Scala and the "Valle delle Ferriere"
Day 6: Conca dei Marini and Furore
Day 7: The "Sentiero degli Dei"
Day 8: End of the tour
- 7 Breakfasts
- 2 nights in agriturismos (B&B farm stays) in Agerola
- 3 nights in 3 or 4-star hotels in Amalfi
- 2 nights in 3-star hotels in Praiano
- Extensive route notes, with a description of the route and tourist information
- Maps at 1 : 25.000 scale or more detailed
- GPS tracks of each walk
- 24/7 assistance
- Luggage transfer
- Private transfers as specified
- Single supplement
- Departure taxes and tourist tax if requested
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional additional tours or activities
- Items of personal nature
- Save +US$ 24 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.