- Tour the ancient city of Herculaneum and see it much as it existed than 2,000 years ago
- See some of the villas of Herculaneum's wealthiest citizens
- Go the Palestra (Big Gym) and feel like an archaeologist exploring the volcanic evidence
All of the ancient town lies at the bottom of an archaeological hole, about 75 feet deep. Getting closer, see the area of the marina where 300 human skeletons were found along with a boat (on display at weekends).
Discover the garden of the “House of the Albergo”, where quince trees have been replanted following evidence of carbonized roots of the ancient fruit tree. Your next stop is the Council Hall of the Augustali, where beautiful frescoes depict Hercules.
Visit the mosaics in the House of Neptune and Amphitrite, and the neighboring store where food and wine containers, carbonised by the volcano, still hang on the walls! Go to the ancient spa, still covered with mosaics from the Roman saunas, gyms, hot rooms, and cold tubs.
Finally, see the most spectacular villa of Herculaneum at Villa Dei Cervi, with its luxurious mosaics, frescoes, and statues.
- Licensed tour guide
- Admission fee
- Food and drinks
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.