- duration 7 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Experience the breathtaking scenery of the Amalfi coast
- Mt Vesuvius and the fascinating Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- History, culture, a volcano and the Italian dolce vita – all in one week
- Enjoy delicious culinary specialties of the region
A walking trip to explore Pompeii, Herculaneum, Mt Vesuvius, the island of Capri and the stunning Amalfi Coast. There are few trips which take in such a diverse combination of highlights. From the spectacular Amalfi coast to the fascinating ruins of Pompeii, to the historic centre of Naples and the beautiful island of Capri, this walking trip offers the very best of this captivating region. From your base in Sorrento you visit the island of Capri and the ruins of Herculaneum and Pompeii before a private transfer takes you to the small town of Agerola, perched high above the sea. Surrounded by forests and with sweeping views of the Mediterranean, Agerola is a perfect base to explore the Amalfi Coast on foot. Day walks along a series of ancient footpaths lead you to the stunning bougainvillea covered town of Positano, across rugged hillsides to the beautiful Ferriere Valley and past terraced vineyards to the timeless village of Ravello. Ascend to the crater of Mt Vesuvius, before heading to historic Naples. In between walks, relax to enjoy fine hospitality, a dip in the sea and delicious local cuisine.
Day 1 : Arrive Naples, transfer to Sorrento
Day 2 : By hydrofoil to Capri, explore by foot (3hrs), return to Sorrento
Day 3 : Explore Pompeii and Herculaneum, return to Sorrento by train, transfer to Agerola
Day 4 : Stunning walk on the 'Path of the Gods' to Positano, return to Agerola (3hrs)
Day 5 : Walk through the Ferriere Valley to Ravello (5hrs)
Day 6 : Transfer to Mt Vesuvius and walk to the crater, continue to Naples (2hrs)
Day 7 : Trip concludes
- 6 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels and B&Bs twin share with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes may apply - payable locally)
- Information pack including route notes and maps per room booked
- 6 breakfasts, 3 dinners (in Agerola) - Breakfasts are usually continental inclusive of breads, tea, coffee & juices. Dinner will consist of 3 courses, usually starting with a salad, followed by a chicken, red meat, fish or pasta dish & finishing with a dessert of fruit or cakes.
- Transfer from Naples airport or station to Sorrento on day 1, from Sorrento to Agerola on day 3 and from Agerola to Naples with a 2 hour stop at Vesuvius on day 6
- Mobile App with GPX tracks for navigating
- Emergency hotline
- Travel to and from Naples
- Lunches and dinners (except where shown). Allow EUR15-20 for each dinner not included and EUR5 for each picnic lunch
- Items of a personal nature
- All transfers (except as advised above) must be paid on the spot (public bus, trains and hydrofoil) – allow EUR90 per person
- Entrance fees for sites including Vesuvius (EUR6), Herculaneum and Pompeii (EUR20) - included in the entrance fee is a map and site guide. Guided site tours can be pre-booked on request for EUR130 per tour, payable locally - in Pompeii this is approx 2 hours and in Herculaneum this is approx 1h 30min. Alternatively audio guides can be hired for EUR6 per guide, payable locally (ID document is required as deposit).
- Entrances to museums, villas and churches
- The Artecard may be of interest, details available at: http://www.campaniartecard.it/artecard_Regione.cfm
- Tour guide – this is a self guided walking trip
- Hotel taxes (allow EUR2 per day)
- Travel insurance
- Note: Prices indicated above are subject to change
- Bookmundi is partner with Utracks. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 62 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 42 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 321 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 22 January 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Amalfi Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Amalfi Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.