- tour type Group Tour
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Trek difficulty Moderate
- Maximum altitude 1281 meters
- Hike along the famed Path of the Gods and enjoys the stunning views
- Discover the notable Pompeii and its ruins
- Visit and explore Amalfi, Ravello, Positano and Capri
- Go beyond the crowds in Naples to experience hidden treasures and authentic culture
The Amalfi coast is an intriguing mix between an overwhelming natural environment and the patient labour of humans, who have transformed the steep mountain slopes into a cascade of terraced lemon groves, with charming villages, chapels and other sites of cultural interest scattered all around. A web of ancient pathways winds along coastal cliffs, leading from charming seaside towns, through rustic woodlands and up to beautiful villages perched atop craggy peaks.
Its dramatic coastline offers wonderful views, differing with every step you take, and the smell of rosemary and citrus trees fills the air, fields of multicoloured roses overwhelm the eyes and sandy beaches are magical to the touch. It offers an extraordinary palette of colours, with deep azure skies, white limestone cliffs, deep blue seas, and bright citrus orchards lit by the dazzling Mediterranean sun. This intoxicating sensual feast inspires a celebration of the goodness of life itself.
Visit the intriguing city of Naples, definitely one of the world’s most interesting cities and more than worth a visit, despite all the prejudice. A city with thousands of years of history, officially founded by the Greeks, which also boasts the world’s finest museum on Roman history and some amazing Baroque architecture. And of course, the area is also known for its great food, including the world’s best pizza.
Visit Pompeii of course, the world-famous ruins, which give a real-life impression of how a Roman city looked, especially the way we plan the visit, away from the crowds. Walk around the great Mount Vesuvius, the volcano which caused the destruction of Pompeii, one of the highlights of the trip!
On this enchanting walking adventure, you will discover that it is with good reason that the Amalfi Coast has become Italy’s most famous coastline, but also that it only takes a little effort to get ‘off the beaten track’. At just a few hundred metres from the crowds, you will find yourself surrounded by nature. On this tour, we also take you beyond the crowds in Naples to experience the hidden treasures and authentic culture of this intriguing city. You will discover the hidden tracks of Mount Vesuvius, offering amazing views over the whole Bay of Naples. In short, you’ll discover the real Italian paradise.
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: Around Mt. Vesuvius & Pompeii to the Amalfi Coast
Day 3: To the highest peaks of the Amalfi Coast
Day 4: ‘Sentiero degli Dei’ down to Positano. Boat to Amalfi
Day 5: The historical heart of the Amalfi Coast: Amalfi, Atran
Day 6: By boat to Capri – discovery walk of the island
Day 7: Amalfi & the Valle dei Mulini
Day 8: End of the tour
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 5 Dinners
- Accommodation: 1 night Naples and 4 nights Amalfi in all good 3 or 4-star hotels, 2 nights in a beautiful agriturismo (farm stay) in Agerola
- Private English-speaking tour leader for 8 days
- All private transfers as indicated throughout the entire itinerary
- Entrance fees of all sites along the itinerary
- Special activities as outlined in the day-by-day itinerary
- Guest experts for special places
- 24/7 assistance
- Luggage transport
- All gratuities for baggage, porters & hotel service
- Single supplement
- Departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional additional tours or activities
- Items of a personal nature
- Save +US$ 54 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Excellent Customer Service. Our Travel Experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Accommodation and meals: All nights are spent in beautiful, characteristic hotels, mostly historical buildings (generally 3/4star; 4/5star on some departure dates). All rooms have ensuite facilities. All accommodations include breakfast. Most evening meals are included, for which we have selected the best available restaurants. On two nights you are free to choose from the wide choice of restaurants in the area. Your guide can give you good tips. Also, some (picnic) lunches on walking days are included in the tour price. On other days you are free to have your own lunch. Here you have the option of having your lunch in a nice restaurant or purchasing your supplies for a picnic lunch. Level of difficulty: Moderately easy 2/3. Reasonable fitness required, mostly easy paths, no technical difficulties. Some include walking uphill, sometimes on paths with rough surfaces. On some days extensions or shortcuts are possible. High standard of fitness is not necessary but you should be able to walk for up to 5 hours a day in the hot sun on dusty or stony tracks. Footpaths and waymarking: Most paths are relatively well maintained, but during the season some paths can get overgrown (we are in continuous contact with local authorities to keep the paths clean – please help us by providing your feedback on the quality of the paths). Only a small part of the route is waymarked (partly by us); elsewhere it is necessary to follow the route descriptions provided together with the maps. With these, it is always possible to find your route. In case you don’t feel confident a local guide can be provided for some trails.