- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 24 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Track the "big five" on wildlife safari drives in the Masai Mara and Serengeti National Park.
- Meet mountain gorillas.
- Raft the White Nile River.
- Discover Zanzibar's crystalclear waters
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Animals? Check. Adventure? Yep. Best travel friends? (Probably thought we were gonna use another 'A' word there, weren't you?) You bet. We've got everything you're looking for in an African exploration on this 24-day tour through East Africa. Embark on wildlife safari drives across the Masai Mara and Serengeti and trek through remote forests for the chance to encounter mountain gorillas in their own habitat. Travel aboard the Lando (overland adventure vehicle) is well-paced and wilderness camping along the way brings you closer to the region’s wildlife. Our certified CEO (Chief Experience Officer) will lead the way and share with you the hidden gems that will have your camera’s shutter working overtime.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi/Masai Mara
Day 3: Masai Mara
Day 4: Masai Mara/Lake Nakuru National Park
Day 5: Lake Nakuru National Park/Eldoret
Day 6: Eldoret/Kampala
Day 7: Kampala/Lake Bunyonyi
Day 8: Gorilla Trek
Day 9: Lake Bunyonyi
Day 10: Lake Bunyonyi/Kalinzu Forest Reserve
Day 11: Kalinzu Forest Reserve/Lake Mburo National Park
Day 12: Lake Mburo National Park/Jinja
Day 13: Jinja
Day 14: Jinja/Eldoret
Day 15: Eldoret/Nairobi
Day 16: Nairobi/Arusha
Day 17: Arusha/Serengeti National Park
Day 18: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro
Day 19: Ngorongoro/Arusha
Day 20: Arusha/Dar es Salaam
Day 21: Dar es Salaam/Stone Town
Day 22: Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 23: Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 24: Stone Town
- Basic hotel (3 nts, single or twin-share), permanent tented camp (2 nts), participation camping (11 nts), full-service camping (2 nts), hostels (5 nts, multi-share with 3-4 people).
22 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 13 dinners
Note: Allow USD260-340 for meals not included.
- 7-seat 4x4 safari van, Lando (overland adventure vehicle), 4x4 safari vehicles, minibus, walking, shared shuttle, private shuttle, tuk-tuk, ferry.
- Kenya & Uganda portion: 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) as head guide/cook and driver, certified safari guides/drivers, certified mountain gorilla trackers, local guides. Tanzania portion: 1 CEO, certified safari guides/drivers, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Café Ubuntu , Maai Mahiu
- Your G for Good Moment: AidChild Equation Cafe & Gallery, Kayabwe
- Your G for Good Moment: Mto wa Mbu Village Visit and Lunch, Mto wa Mbu
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group, Nairobi
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Discover Moment: Jinja
- Wildlife safari drives in Masai Mara National Reserve
- Safari in Lake Nakuru National Park
- Guided mountain gorilla trek in Bwindi with permits
- Entrance and chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu Forest Reserve
- Tea plantation visit
- Transfer from Jinja to Nairobi
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Serengeti National Park and in Ngorongoro Crater
- Ferry to Zanzibar
- Stone Town orientation walk
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Stone Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Ultimate East Africa: Mountains & the Masai Mara tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 184+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Ultimate East Africa: Mountains & the Masai Mara tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 July 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Ultimate East Africa: Mountains & the Masai Mara tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Ultimate East Africa: Mountains & the Masai Mara tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 4 - DemandingSome high-altitude hikes or more strenuous activities, but accessible to most healthy travellers.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.