- duration 15 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Ascent of the remote Shira Route on Mt Kilimanjaro
- Summit Point Lenana on Mt Kenya, via the lesser known Chogoria Route
- Experience a sunrise over Mawenzi
- Enjoy spectacular scenery while trekking
Ascend remote routes on Mt Kenya and Mt Kilimanjaro. An ascent on the remote routes of Mt Kenya and Mt Kilimanjaro will appeal to the seasoned trekker intent on climbing Africa’s famous Twin Peaks while also appreciating the prolific wildlife and rich diversity of flora for which this region is renowned. Our traverse of Mt Kenya ascends via the lesser known Chogoria Route with fine alpine walking that ensures we are well prepared for an exhilarating circuit of the summit peaks including Point Lenana (4985m). Transferring to Tanzania we prepare for our climb on Kilimanjaro (5985m), fondly known as Kili. We aim to climb the remote and challenging Shira Route following less well-defined trails through dense forest to moorlands characterised by giant lobelia. From the wilderness of the Shira Plateau we start our route underneath the Southern ice fields until we reach to the summit of Kilimanjaro and savour one of the best sunrises in the world.
Day 1 : Join Nairobi
Day 2 : Drive to Mt Kenya National Park
Day 3 : Ascend Mt Kenya to Lake Ellis (3500m)
Day 4 : Trek to Lake Michaelson (4000m)
Day 5 : Trek to Simba Tarn (4560m)
Day 6 : Ascend Point Lenana (4985m), descend via Mackinders Valley to Old Moses Camp (3400m)
Day 7 : Descend Sirimon Valley to base and transfer to Nairobi
Day 8 : Transfer to Arusha
Day 9 : Drive to Londorossi, commence climb to "Shira One" (3550m)
Day 10 : To Shira Hut 3840m
Day 11 : To Barranco valley (3900m)
Day 12 : To Barafu camp (4600m)
Day 13 : Ascend to Uhuru Peak (5895m), descend to Millenium Camp (3800m)
Day 14 : Descend to Mweka Village, transfer to Arusha
Day 15 : Return to Nairobi where trip concludes
- 4 nights in 3 star hotels in Nairobi and Arusha on a twinshare basis
- 14 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 10 dinners
- Private transfers (except public shuttle bus between Nairobi and Arusha)
- Experienced local guides, cook and camp crew
- 10 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basis
- Group camping equipment including tent (sleeping bag and mat not included)
- Porters to carry personal and group equipment
- Park entrance fees valued at US$1121
- International flights and airport transfers
- Sleeping bags & sleeping mats
- Restaurant meals in Arusha and Nairobi and meals not mentioned in the itinerary as included
- Bottled water
- Aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc.
- Airport and departure taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Additional transport or accommodation required due to any emergency situation. (This would be covered by an adequate travel insurance)
- Bookmundi is partner with World Expeditions. You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save US$ 265 when booking on Bookmundi.
- Save +US$ 176 in Travel Credits on your next booking.
- Best Price Guaranteed.
- No Credit Card or Booking fees.
- 100% Financial protection.
- 100% qualified and hand-picked tour partners.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
A deposit of 500 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 28 December 2019 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Twin Peaks tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Twin Peaks tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.