- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spend a day with one of the oldest and noblest tribes in Kenya – the Masai
- Meet grandmas who have become small business owners with pig farms
- See how young mothers are renewing their family's future at a women's centre
On this 4-day One Horizon cultural exchange, join us for the opportunity to visit four grassroots Kenyan communities that tourists rarely have a chance to genuinely engage with. Take an active role in helping at some of the projects One Horizon supports, and meet the people who are coming together and bringing change to their social and economic welfare. Donate your time in a local soup kitchen, meet the strong and courageous women at a vocation and lifestyle training centre, and be inspired by some entrepreneurial Kenyan grandmothers. This experience will leave you humbled and heartened and you will finish the tour by spending time with the Maasai and learn about their fascinating way of life that hasn’t changed for centuries.
For more details, please scroll down.
Day 1: Help a soup kitchen in Nairobi
Day 2: Helping mothers and families in their journey
Day 3: Grandmas and piggies
Day 4: Become a Masai for a day
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches & 2 Dinners
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Le Maison Royale
- Pickup and drop-off transfers to and from the international airport in Nairobi. Transfers to daily venues in air-conditioned vehicles from your hotel
- An experienced, English-speaking One Horizon Africa tour guide will be with you every step of the way
- A handmade Masai wrist band
- Additional accommodation
- Kenya visa charges
- International flight tickets
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls, laundry, etc
- Earn US$ 36+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
10% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 10% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPlease make sure to carry your camera to capture this unique experience and create amazing memories. What to wear Comfortable walking shoes, a hat and a sweater or a jacket. All our activities are low impact, but comfortable clothing will help you enjoy the experience even more. Mornings and evenings can be chilly. Bring sun screen and a hat as well. Your experience As well as visiting a new place and participating in different activities with the locals, this is another way to ensure sustainable improvement in people’s lives. Your guides All our tour guides are fluent in English, Swahili and other Kenyan languages. We can also arrange sign language interpreters on request. Your wellbeing If you require medications, please ensure you bring them with you on your journey with us