- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Spend the night in a Maasai village to learn about life from community elders, visit a widows’ community and maybe even learn to throw a spear.
- An early morning game drive through Lake Nakuru National Park might be your best chance of seeing black and white rhinoceroses in the flesh.
- Take a cooking class in a small village and learn some Kenyan recipes, then share your creations at a camp dinner under the stars.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth – with two earlymorning and two lateafternoon game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena, you’ll have the best chance to spot the Big Five.
Watch the wonders of Kenya and Tanzania unfold before you on this incredible 15-day overland adventure with Lonely Planet and Intrepid Travel. Head deep into the heartland of the Maasai tribespeople and the finest game parks in eastern Africa. Travelling through the acclaimed Masai Mara and the vast Serengeti plains to the stunning lakes of the Great Rift Valley and the dramatic scenery of the Ngorongoro Crater, you'll spot a wealth of exotic predators and peaceful herbivores. Follow in the footsteps of the Maasai with local knowledge each step of the way, leaving you with memories of Africa to last a lifetime.
Lake Nakuru National Park
Loita Hills Maasai Village
Masai Mara National Reserve
Masai Mara National Reserve
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Crater – Mto wa Mbu
Arusha / Nairobi
- Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights), Camping (with facilities) (8 nights), Hotel (2 nights), Basic Hotel (1 night)
- 14 Breakfasts, 14 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Lake Nakuru - Village Walk & Cooking Class
- Lake Nakuru - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Loita Hills - Cultural talk and village visit
- Masai Mara - 4x4 Game Drive
- Kisii - Soapstone carving cooperative
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Mto Wa Mbu - Village walk & local dinner
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this The Masai Heartlands tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 89+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Masai Heartlands tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 December 2020, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 December 2020, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Masai Heartlands tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Masai Heartlands tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/africa/overland
- In Loita Hills we stay in a bush camp with no shower facilities while Maasai warriors guard us from the animals.
- The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip.
- Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Joining point instructions