- duration 47 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 30
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Spot the famous Big Five in the Masai Mara, search for rhinos in Lake Nakuru National Park and watch the African Fish Eagle swooping over Lake Naivasha
- Stay in the Ugandan capital Kampala, relax around the shore of Lake Bunyoni and head into the dense jungle of the Magahinga or Bwindi national parks on an optional gorilla trek to see the great apes
- Enjoy game drives in the legendary Serengeti National Park and the UNESCOlisted Ngorongoro Crater, and get some well earned rest and relaxation on the island of Zanzibar
- Journey along the western length of Lake Malawi, stopping to explore various bays, beaches, inlets and local communities, and visit the capital Lilongwe
Experience the contrasts and raw appeal of this majestic continent up close and personal. Visiting eight countries, spot wildlife in Africa's best game parks, trek for gorilla in Uganda, relax and unwind on Zanzibar and soak up the incredible sights!
Day: 1 Nairobi
Day: 2-3 Masai Mara
Day: 4-5 Eldoret & Kampala
Day: 6-9 Lake Bunyoni & Gorilla Trekking
Day: 10-11 Kampala & Jinja
Day: 12-13 Lake Nakuru
Day: 14-15 Lake Naivasha
Day: 16-19 Ngorongoro Crater
Day: 20-21 Dar es Salaam
Day: 22-24 Zanzibar
Day: 25-26 Mikumi & Iringa
Day: 27-29 Lake Malawi
Day: 30-31 South Luangwa National Park
Day: 32-33 Livingstone
Day: 34 Chobe National Park
Day: 35 Victoria Falls
Day: 36-37 Victoria Falls
Day: 38-39 Kasane
Day: 40-41 Okavango Delta
Day: 42 Maun
Day: 43 Palapye
Day: 44 Blyde River Canyon
Day: 45-46 Kruger National Park
Day: 47 Johannesburg
- 1st night dormitory accommodation at Kenya Comfort Hotel and 42 nights camping. Tents and sleeping mats provided
- All camping fees and appropriate equipment
- 3 night Zanzibar Excursion including ferry transfer, accommodation, Spice Tour and Dhow Sunset Cruise
- 41 breakfasts, 37 lunches and 38 dinners
- Arrival transfer from Nairobi Airport on day 1
- A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives
- All road taxes and tolls
- Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook)
- Mikumi National Park (transit only)
- Park entry - Lake Naivasha NP and Victoria Falls NP. Park entry and game drives - Lake Nakuru NP, Masai Mara, Ngorongoro NP, Serengeti NP,Chobe NP, South Luangwa NP and Kruger
- Chobe River Boat Cruise
- Gorilla Permit and transfer fee: Please note that Gorillas often move across the border, between the national parks in Rwanda and Uganda, therefore itineraries often have to be changed at short notice in order to track the Gorillas in whichever National Park they have migrated to. For this reason the cost of the Gorilla Permit and relevant transfers varies, as do the applicable visa costs, dependent upon which country we need to travel into. Permits are subject to availability and need to be booked in advance.
- International flights and visas
- Tipping - an entirely personal gesture
- Sleeping bag - please bring your own
- Optional activities
- Entrance Fees: Gorilla Permit + Transfer USD$720-870pp, paid in USD.
- Local payment - $2740pp, paid in USD
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 171+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this The Big Overlander - 47 days tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 December 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
The Big Overlander - 47 days tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this The Big Overlander - 47 days tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and during transport.
- Solo travelers are required to purchase a single room for your personal use.