- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Encounter roaring lions and magnificent zebra in the famous Serengeti National Park as our small safari vehicles get you close to the action in this spectacular wildlife arena.
- Experience the thrill of camping among nature and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the African night.
- Meet some Maasai Mamas (the name for women artisans in Tanzania) and learn about their village life, including how to prepare a local Swahili dish.
- Take a mindblowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros.
Experience East Africa with your family as you discover the wildlife, history, people, culture and beauty that spans across this incredible landscape. Roam the famous Serengeti National Park, nearly 15,000 sq km of rolling savanna that shelters an astounding array of animals, from miniature dik-dik antelopes to the noble African elephant. Spot wildlife while taking in mind-blowing views from the edge of Ngorongoro Crater and listen to the sounds of the African night in a thrilling camping experience. This is also a human journey that puts you in the heart of the valleys once inhabited by some of humankind's earliest ancestors – where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from the Maasai community – hear about the customs and traditions of village life and even prepare a local Swahili dish. If you’re looking for a family adventure full of friendly folk and some of the best game-viewing in Africa, then this will truly be a trip to remember!
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Conservation Area - Karatu
Mto Wa Mbu
- Hotels (3 nights), Camping with basic facilities (4 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Kisongo - Cooking class, crafts & village walk
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game drive
- Mto wa Mbu - Village walk and lunch
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Tanzania Family Safari tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 76+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Tanzania Family Safari tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Tanzania Family Safari tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Tanzania Family Safari tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent, occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- Please take into consideration if you are travelling with younger children that the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land! Some days have driving times of 6-7 hours. You’ll experience some early mornings, when Africa is at its best.
- This is a participatory camping trip and everyone will embrace the team spirit by helping with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning. You and your family will be putting up and taking down your tent as you move from place to place.
- Please consider the season and research the weather conditions. Remember to come prepared with adequate clothing.
- If you wish to spend more time in Nairobi, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers