- Road trips
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 22
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth – with two earlymorning and two lateafternoon game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena, you’ll have the best chance to spot the Big Five.
- Embark on an unforgettable safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an openroof 4WD with your small group for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros in full view.
- Learn about the Maasai cultures, and join a local community for a guided afternoon stroll around the farming area of Mto wa Mbu, before enjoying a traditional meal together.
- Swap the safari vehicle for two wheels on a guided biking adventure near Lake Victoria, stopping to shop for local wares and meet townsfolk at the Mwigobero Market.
Bless the rains of East Africa on an eight-day safari adventure through Kenya and Tanzania. The famed national parks in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater region are home to an astounding array of animals, from miniature dik-dik antelopes and lions to the noble African elephant. With local guides and all of your needs taken care of, head on a number of game drives in search of the Big Five in the back of specially designed safari vehicles. With stops at a local community in Mto wa Mbu, the vast Lake Victoria and bustling Nairobi, your curated Lonely Planet Experience is fit for the most curious traveller, eager to explore the fascinating towns and fertile savannahs of Africa’s east.
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Crater – Mto wa Mbu
Arusha / Nairobi
- Hotel (1 night), Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights), Camping (with facilities) (3 nights), Basic Hotel (1 night)
- 7 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , 4x4 safari vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Kisii - Soapstone carving cooperative
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Mto Wa Mbu - Village walk & local dinner
- Any international flights to/from Nairobi are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Serengeti Trail tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Serengeti Trail tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 05 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 05 July 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Serengeti Trail tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Serengeti Trail tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your own tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. While the trucks don’t have air conditioning, they do have sliding windows which let in the breeze and make it even easier to take spectacular snaps of the local wildlife. The drive days can be long, but it’s as much about the journey as the destination, and half the fun is the camaraderie. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
- Some passengers will have been travelling together prior to the start of this trip. You may also want to check out The Masai Heartlands if you have more time to explore in East Africa.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Joining point instructions