- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 40 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-39 yrs
- max group size 22
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Search for the "big five" across Africa.
- Snorkel the turquoise waters of Zanzibar.
- Get wet at Victoria Falls.
- Cruise the Okavango in traditional canoes.
Now's the time to explore Africa on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Eight countries, 40 days, one helluva good time — this epic overland adventure takes you from Kenya down towards Africa's southernly tip. See some of the world's highest sand dunes, float through the Okavango Delta, and meet the San Bushmen in the blazing Kalahari Desert. Camping under Africa’s big sky will get you closer to the land while our Landos (overland adventure vehicles) get you from the wilderness to rural villages and cities in the best way possible.
Day 1: Nairobi
Day 2: Nairobi/Arusha
Day 3: Arusha/Serengeti National Park
Day 4: Serengeti National Park/Ngorongoro
Day 5: Ngorongoro/Arusha
Day 6: Arusha/Bagamoyo
Day 7: Bagamoyo/Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 8: Zanzibar Beach Resort
Day 9: Stone Town
Day 10: Stone Town/Baobab Valley
Day 11: Baobab Valley/Iringa
Day 12: Iringa/Chitimba
Day 13: Chitimba/Kande Beach
Day 14: Kande Beach
Day 15: Kande Beach/Chipata
Day 16: Chipata/South Luangwa
Day 17: South Luangwa
Day 18: South Luangwa/Lusaka
Day 19: Lusaka/Victoria Falls
Day 20: Victoria Falls
Day 21: Victoria Falls
Day 22: Victoria Falls/Kasane
Day 23: Kasane/Gweta
Day 24: Gweta/Maun
Day 25: Maun/Okavango Delta
Day 26: Maun/D'kar
Day 27: D'kar/Windhoek
Day 28: Windhoek/Waterberg Plateau
Day 29: Waterberg Plateau/Etosha National Park
Day 30: Etosha National Park
Day 31: Etosha National Park/Spitzkoppe
Day 32: Spitzkoppe/Swakopmund
Day 33: Swakopmund
Day 34: Swakopmund/Namib Desert
Day 35: Namib Desert
Day 36: Namib Desert/Fish River Canyon
Day 37: Fish River Canyon/Orange River
Day 38: Orange River/Cederberg
Day 39: Cederberg/Cape Town
Day 40: Cape Town
- Simple hotels (4 nts, single or twin-share), participation camping (27 nts), permanent tented camp (1 nt), full-service camping (2 nts), guesthouses (2 nts, multi-share with up to 10 people), basic bush camping (2 nts), hostel (1 nt, multi-share with 3 people).
36 breakfasts, 32 lunches, 26 dinners
Note: Allow USD240-315 for meals not included.
- Lando (overland adventure vehicle), 4x4 safari vehicles, minibuses, ferry, mokoro.
- 2 CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) throughout as head guide/cook and driver, certified safari guide/driver, camp crew, local guide.
- Your G for Good Moment: Tribal Textiles Market & Courtyard Cafe, Mfuwe
- Your G for Good Moment: Dqae Qare San Lodge & Camp, Dekar
- Your G for Good Moment: Penduka Village Restaurant & Shop, Windhoek
- Your G for Good Moment: !Khwa ttu San Culture and Education Centre, Yzerfontein
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
- Your Local Living Moment: Kande Beach Local Dinner, Kande Beach
- Your Discover Moment: Victoria Falls
- Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Serengeti and Etosha national parks and Ngorongoro Crater
- Zanzibar excursion
- Spice plantation tour
- Okavango Delta overnight bush camping excursion
- Waterberg Plateau visit
- Entrance to Sossusvlei Dunes, Fish River Canyon, and Spitzkoppe
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Cape Town are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Serengeti, Falls & Cape Town Overland: Sunsets & Safaris tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 199+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Serengeti, Falls & Cape Town Overland: Sunsets & Safaris tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Serengeti, Falls & Cape Town Overland: Sunsets & Safaris tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Serengeti, Falls & Cape Town Overland: Sunsets & Safaris tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : 18-to-ThirtysomethingsFast, fresh, and fun adventures that never slow down, made for young, budget-minded travellers.
- 2. Service Level : CampingCamping most nights with some hotel/hostel stays to start and throughout; affordable public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour has been limited to a group size of 12 participants to protect against COVID-19. The tour will furthermore adhere to any local government restrictions on group sizes to ensure that everybody are kept safe.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.