- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore the Serengeti National Park in depth, with two earlymorning and two lateafternoon game drives through this spectacular wildlife arena
- Take a mindblowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an openroof 4WD for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros
- We include an acclimatisation day at Horombo Hut to give you the best chance of reaching the summit.
- Travelling with experienced guides, the best of the mountain, and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers.
Encounter some of Africa’s most iconic natural wonders on this 15-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Safari across the vast Serengeti savanna and the floors of Ngorongoro Crater in search of the Big Five, then conquer Africa's highest peak on an epic trek to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. This is a trip for active travellers who appreciate the bounty of nature – get ready for thrills, challenges and self discovery on a journey that takes you through the literal highs and lows of Kenya and Tanzania.
Serengeti National Park
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Crater – Mto wa Mbu
Kibo Hut / Mawenzi Peak
Uhuru Peak / Horombo Hut
- Camping (with facilities) (3 nights), Camping (with basic facilities) (2 nights), Basic Hotel (1 night), Hotel (3 nights), Mountain hut (4 nights)
- 14 Breakfasts, 12 Lunches, 13 Dinners
- Overland vehicle , minibus , 4x4 Safari Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Kisii - Soapstone carving cooperative
- Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive
- Ngorongoro Crater - 4x4 Game Drive
- Mto Wa Mbu - Village walk & local dinner
- Complimentary Sleeping Bag and walking pole hire ( must be requested at time of booking )
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Trek Briefing
- Fully catered trek including National Park entrance fees, climbing fee, mountain huts & rescue services (5 days)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Services of experienced English speaking mountain guides (first-aid qualified) cooks and porters (a minimum of 1 guide to every 2)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Return transfers from hotel to park gate
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Porterage of 1 bag (9kg/20lb max)
- Mount Kilimanjaro - Emergency oxygen and comprehensive first aid kits
- Marangu - Kilimanjaro Porters Assitance Project
- Any international flights to Nairobi and from Kilimanjaro Marangu Route are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Serengeti & Kilimanjaro tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 186+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Serengeti & Kilimanjaro tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 February 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 February 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 23 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Serengeti & Kilimanjaro tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Serengeti & Kilimanjaro tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You'll be briefed on arrival.
- This is an overland trip. That means you’ll be travelling with a group in a purpose-built vehicle, visiting remote communities, setting up your tent (unless you’re on an Original or Comfort style trip), occasionally roughing it in the bush with no facilities, and getting the best possible views of the Big Five. For more info on this style of travel, see our Africa overland page at intrepidtravel.com/africa/overland.
- You'll need a good level of fitness for the Kili section of this trip. The distances may not be long, but the altitude makes it much harder than your average uphill hike.
- Tried and tested all-purpose hiking equipment is required for the Mt Kilimanjaro trek. Temperatures at night can get very low when you're above 3500 metres, so warm clothing and a sleeping bag are essential. You can hire this equipment if need be.
- Your safety comes first. Our experienced guides will monitor each passenger for any signs of acute mountain sickness. If you show any signs, you'll descend immediately with a guide.
- Hiking for several days without a shower can be tough – be prepared for some dust and dirt. A mask, wet wipes and face washer may become your best friends!
- The huts along the Marangu route sleep between four and 12 people and will be mixed-gender.
- As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
Joining point instructions